FISHING & MATCH REPORT – WEEK ENDING 23/6/13
1. Ray Quiney (Packington) 40 -14 Peg 13 Carp & F1’s on Shallow Pole & Pellet
2. Alan Robinson (Packington) 38 -13
3. Brian Edwards (Youngs) 35 -12
4 Norman Davies (Packington Vets) 32 -10
4. Joe Roberts (Kamasan Starlets) 32 -10
WEDNESDAY SOLIHULL ANGLING OPEN
1. Steve White (Kobra Feeders) 68 -10 Peg 45 Carp & F1’s, on Pellet Feeder & Pellet
2. Steve Edwards (Packington) 61 – 8
3. Wayne Carter (Packington) 56 -11
4. Ray Quiney (Packington) 53 – 8
TONY’S WEDNESDAY OPEN
1. Darren Adey 26 -12 Peg 17 F1’s on Pole & Pellet
2. John Adamson 26 – 8
3. Ian Tegg 26 – 2
1. Keith Webb 62 – 0 Peg 18 Carp on Pole & Paste
2. Ray Taylor 38 – 1
3. Ray Chandler 34 – 6
1. Dave Duggan (Dams & Locks) 46 -11 Peg 6 WILLOW Carp & F1’s on Pellet Feeder
2. Ray Quiney (Packington) 45 -10
3. Jim Hinckley (Packington Vets) 43 – 2
4. Pat Clark (Lime Tree Social) 36 – 8
1. Steve White (Kobra Feeders) 67 – 4 Peg 32 Carp & Skimmers on Pellet Feeder & Pellet
2. Suzy Smith (Kobra Feeders) 65 – 7
3. John Newton (Smithys AC) 55 – 3
4. Wayne Carter (Packington) 42 – 0
MIDLAND SOCIAL AC
1. Steve Duffy 18 – 3 Peg 15 Meat on Feeder
2. Luke Liggins 17 -14
3. Phil Ward 15 -12
1. Steve White (Kobra Feeders) 93 – 7 Peg 42 F1’s on Pole Shallow
2. Derek Hartshorn (Swan Baits) 90 – 1
3. Wayne Carter (Packington) 63 – 7
4. Martin Wood (Solihull Angling) 62 – 0
MOLANDS Despite a blip in the middle of the week where fish were spawning again, there has been an improvement of sport on Molands with F1’s feeding all around the pool and increasing numbers of bigger carp, tench and bream showing. Plenty of colour to allow anglers to fish close in with the paste or pellet on top of the near shelf with pleasure anglers reporting catches to over 100lb. Pellet feeder with meat or pellet on the hook or long pole and pellet fished shallow are also accounting for good nets. Top pegs are 2, 8 – 12, 25 – 33, 40 – 48 and 52 – 55.
GEARYS Starting to pick up with some big nets of carp being caught later in the day to either straight lead and pellet or paste/corn fished down the margins and fish to over 16lb have been caught on both tactics. Mixed nets of skimmers, brown goldfish, tench and the odd carp are coming to pole fished pellet or worm. Top pegs are 7 – 15, 19, 20, 27 and 31 – 36.
LITTLE GEARYS Fished hard through the week but improved at the weekend. F1’s are proving to be the most reliable fish on Little Gearys with long pole and pellet fished shallow or pellet, meat or corn fished down the inside margin. The best chance of carp is fishing into the evening when they are patrolling the margins and fish to double figures have been caught on corn meat or paste. Best pegs are 1, 7 – 9, 13 – 19, 21 and 25 – 29.
GRATUITIES Good mixed nets of carp, crucians, skimmers and tench are coming out to pole fished pellet, meat or caster at 6m with pleasure nets to 60lb+ and match nets to 50lb coming to this. Pellet or method feeder fished tight to the island is also catching plenty of fish. Top pegs are 1 – 4, 8, 9 and 13 – 16.
ANNIVERSARIES Catches are a bit low this week with the mid week spawning affecting them, but most anglers have enjoyed getting plenty of bites on Anniversaries. Small F1’s, crucians and tench are providing the main sport this week with pole fished pellet the best tactic with corn or meat picking up the bigger fish.
SIBLINGS Meat or corn is working well for the bigger carp with fish to 17lb being caught and plenty of doubles showing from all around the pool. Pellet and corn fished over ground bait or micros is producing some good nets of crucians, skimmers and tench with the middle point area favourite at the moment.
WILLOW Good bags of F1’s and carp are coming to the pellet feeder or method fished tight up to the island with meat, pellet or dead red maggot on the hook. There have been plenty of bites on caster, pellet or maggot fished down the edge for skimmers, crucians, tench and small carp.
SATURDAY 29th JUNE – OPEN – GEARYS Draw 9am, fish 10am to 3pm.
SUNDAY 30th JUNE – OPEN – MOLANDS
Draw 9am, fish 10am to 3pm.
EVERY WEDNESDAY – TONY’S OPEN – LITTLE GEARYS
Draw 9am, fish 10.30 am to 3.30pm.
WEDNESDAY – SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE OPEN – MOLANDS
Draw 1pm, fish 2pm to 7pm.
FROM JULY 1st, THE FISHERY WILL NOT BE SUPPLYING KEEPNETS FOR MATCHES. ANGLERS MUST PROVIDE THEIR OWN NETS. THERE WILL BE A 60lb MAXIMUM WEIGHT LIMIT AND NETS MUST BE LAID OUT BEHIND ANGLERS UNTIL 15 MINUTES BEFORE THE MATCH STARTS.
SEASON TICKETS ARE NOW ON SALE AT £120.00 FOR A FULL TICKET AND £100.00 FOR A CONCESSIONARY TICKET.
FISH SIX TIMES AND GET A TICKET FREE.
THE FISHERY IS NOW OPEN AT 7am AND CLOSES AT DUSK (10pm).
Contact the lodge on 01676 523833 for further details or check out our website on www.packingtonestate.net