FISHING & MATCH REPORT – WEEK ENDING 20/11/11
(LITTLE GEARYS & ANNIVERSARIES)
1. Dave Howl (Lanes Baits) 26 – 6 Peg 1 (ANNIVERSARIES)
Tench & Skimmers on Worm & Caster
2. John Harrison (Packington) 20 – 2
3. Andy Saunders (Packington Vets) 17 -10
4. Ronnie Robinson (Packington Vets) 16 -13
WEDNESDAY OPEN (LITTLE GEARYS)
1. Derek Hartshorne (Swann Baits) 25 – 8 Peg 11
F1’s on Pole & Caster
2. John Adamson (Packington) 25 – 0
3. Joe Roberts (Kamasan Starlets) 22 – 8
4. Steve Edwards (Packington) 20 – 0
PACKINGTON VETS (MOLANDS)
1. Roger Atkins 24 – 8 Peg 48
F1’s, Skimmers & Crucians on Pole & Pellet
2. Ray Quiney 23 – 7
3. Ron Savage 21 -14
SATURDAY OPEN (GEARYS)
1. Johnny Johnson (Youngs TBF) 40 – 2 Peg 35
Eight Carp on Lead & Bread
2. Dave Parsonage (Beaufort AC) 22 – 9
3. Derek Hartshorne (Swann Baits) 22 – 3
4. Ron Savage (Lanes Bait) 21 – 6
SENSAS PACKINGTON WINTER LEAGUE – ROUND 3
1. Steve White (Kobra Feeders) 35 – 0 Peg 46 MOLANDS
Carp & F1’s on Feeder & Pellet
2. Ant Mansell (Maver Solihull AC) 34 -10
3. Keith Wooding (Maver Solihull AC) 29 – 9
4. Lee Richards (Packington) 26 -12
MOLANDS Although weights are not huge, anglers are having bites all around the pool with F1’s, skimmers and crucians showing to either long pole with pellet or chopped worm and caster. The carp are more localised with Scarecrow Point and the early pegs from 2 – 6 producing fish to double figures with method feeder and polony or red boilies doing best.
GEARYS The high bank on pegs 7 – 15 and 17 – 20 have been the best pegs with carp, skimmers and crucians producing the biggest nets. Method feeder with soft pellet and the pole with pellet, caster or red maggot have been the best tactics.
LITTLE GEARYS F1’s and skimmers are showing on most pegs along with the odd bigger carp and tench. Fine lines and smaller hooks are called for with the water still a little clear and long pole with pellet over micros or caster are producing the better catches. A small method feeder fished to the island with dead reds is also worth a try.
GRATUITIES Pleasure anglers have enjoyed good sport on Gratuities with the noted pegs 1, 8, 9, 15 and 16 all producing decent nets. Worm and caster or soft pellet fished along the sides on these corner pegs have worked for carp to 6lb, tench, crucians and skimmers.
ANNIVERSARIES Caster or expander pellet are best for nets of skimmers, tench and crucians with only the odd carp showing., The best area has been the top bays with pegs 1 – 6 and 9 giving the best sport.
WILLOW Very hard this week with the water going clear and the best pegs have been 5 and 6 on the reed beds. Carp to 3lb, skimmers and a few tench showing on these pegs with corn or pellet fished over micro pellet best.
SATURDAY 26th NOVEMBER – OPEN – GEARYS
Draw 9am, fish 10am to 3pm.
SUNDAY 27th NOVEMBER – OPEN – MOLANDS
Draw 9am, fish 10am to 3pm.
EVERY WEDNESDAY OPEN – LITTLE GEARYS
Draw 9am, fish 10am to 3pm
The Christmas match this year will be held on Sunday 11th December with Gearys, Molands, Gratuities, Anniversaries and Willow to be used. Tickets are £8.00 with every angler taking part getting a prize. Contact the lodge on 01676 523833 for further details or check out our website on www.packingtonestate.net