FISHING & MATCH REPORT – WEEK ENDING 25/11/12
PAckingtonSTARLETS VETS (MOLANDS & LITTLE GEARYS)
1. Joe Roberts (Kamasan Starlets) 28 -11 Peg 50 MOLANDS F1’s & Skimmers on Pole & Worm
2. Don Suckling (Ridgemere AC) 26 – 7
3. Ron Savage (Lanes Bait) 26 – 2
4. Derek Hartshorn (Swann Baits) 25 -13
TONY’S OPEN – WEDNESDAY (LITTLE GEARYS)
1. John Adamson (Packington) 28 -10 Peg 23 F1’s on Shallow Pole & Pellet
2. Steve White (Kobra Feeders) 20 -13 3. Ron Taylor (Alvechurch Fisheries) 18 -13
PACKINGTON VETS (GEARYS/LITTLE GEARYS/GRATUITIES)
1. John Batey (Packington) 47 -10 Peg 31 GEARYS Ten Carp on Method & Boilies
2. Andy Saunders (Packington) 21 -10
3. Chris Taylor (Packington) 18 -13
4. Dave Howl (Lanes Bait) 18 -10
WILLOW & GRATUITIES)
1. Craig O’Brien (Fast Feeders/Packington) 43 -10 Peg 6 WILLOW Carp on Pole & Corn
2. Lee Richards (Packington) 40 – 0
3. Ian Keywood (Maver Solihull AC) 25 – 6
4. Steve Edwards (Packington) 22 – 8
CIPS INTERNATIONAL RULES MATCH
1. Des Shipp (Diawa Dorking) 31 – 7 Peg 31
2. Jamie Grainger (Delcac) 25 -12
3. Kian Wardle (Starlets) 24 -10
RIDGEMERE AC (GEARYS)Peg 9
1. Ray Hassam 11 -14 Skimmers on Pole & Pellet
2. Don Suckling 11 – 7
3. Ray Durant 9 – 13
1. Bob James (Packington)26 – 2 Peg 48, F1’s on Pellet Feeder & Pellet
2. Lee Farmer (Sensas Chiltern Baits) 23 -12
3. Ian Tegg (Packington) 18 -13
4. Jim Wyatt (Packington) 17 – 0
MOLANDS Fishing has been a little harder this week with the very unsettled conditions and a huge amount of water going into the lakes. Molands has become patchy with areas like Scarecrow Point and the early pegs fishing better. Match weights to 30lb have been best this week with the pellet feeder and dead maggot or pellet on the hook the most consistent tactic. Waggler with maggot or caster is also starting to come into its own. Best pegs 1 – 12, 25 – 29, 42 – 48 and 56 – 60.
GEARYS Very hard at the moment with skimmers the most reliable species but catches to 20lb of those have been best. Carp fishing has become very patchy. John Batey caught ten for 47lb on the Vets match on Thursday fishing a method feeder and alternating hook baits on peg 31.
LITTLE GEARYS Fishing a lot more difficult with catches to around 30lb best this week. Long pole with pellet or caster has been working best and finding the correct depth is crucial at the moment as the fish have been feeding shallow as well as on the bottom. Best pegs 7, 11 – 15 and 21 – 27.
GRATUITIES Like all of the pools, Gratuities has been a little patchy with certain areas producing differing catches. Pegs 1 and 2 have seen a lot of crucians coming to the pole at 7 – 12 metres with pellet catching nets to over 30lb. On the other pegs, waggler and bread is catching a few carp and pole and corn seems to be picking out the bigger samples.
ANNIVERSARIES Although bags of fish have not been huge, anglers fishing on Anniversaries have enjoyed plenty of sport with skimmers, roach, crucians and even a few tench showing. Pole fished pellet, caster or maggot is giving lots of bites with pegs 1 – 6 and 19 – 22 the favoured areas.
WILLOW Pegs 5 and 6 are probably the most consistent pegs on the whole of the fishery with pellet feeder fished to the island producing nets to 40lb+. Pole and corn is also picking out a few better carp with fish to 12lb falling to this method over the weekend.
SATURDAY 1st DECEMBER – OPEN – LITTLE GEARYSDraw 9am, fish 10am to 3pm
SUNDAY 2nd DECEMBER – WINTER LEAGUE
EVERY WEDNESDAY – TONY’S OPEN – LITTLE GEARYSDraw 9am, fish 10.30 am to 3.30pm.
PLEASE NOTE: WINTER HOURS ARE 7.30am UNTIL 5pm/DUSKPRICES ARE £5.50 FOR A DAY TICKET OR £4.50 FOR A CONCESSIONARY TICKET.
THE CHRISTMAS MATCH IS ON SUNDAY 9th DECEMBER WITH THE TICKETS COSTING £8.00 WHICH WILL INCLUDE A PRIZE FOR EVERY ANGLER TAKING PART, TICKETS AVAILABLE FROM THE LODGE.
Contact the lodge on 01676 523833 for further details or check out our website on www.packingtonestate.net