FISHING & MATCH REPORT – WEEK ENDING 13/10/13
1. Dave Duggan (Dams & Locks) 51 – 5 Peg 8 MOLANDS F1s & Skimmers on Pole & Caster
2 Ron Savage (Lanes Bait) 48 – 4
3. Pat Clark (Lime Tree Social) 44 – 1
4. Dave Howl (Lanes Bait) 42 – 5
WEDNESDAY SOLIHULL ANGLING
1. Neil Carless (Ridgemere AC) 118 -13 Peg 10 F1’s & Carp on Pole & Dead Reds 2. Craig O’Brien (Fast Feeders/P’ton) 96 – 1
3. Jack Harness (Diawa/Old Ghost) 75 – 5
4. Pete Heaven (Greyhound AC) 63 – 6
1. Alan Poole 35 – 8 Peg 18 Carp on Bomb & Pellet
2. Bryan Mason 35 – 0 3. John Johnson 27 – 4
1. John Burchell (Packington) 40 – 4 Peg 30 F1’s & Skimmers on Pole & Caster
2. Tony Musticone (Alvechurch) 40 – 0
3. Lee Davies (Solihull Angling) 36 – 8 4. John Adamson (Packington) 34 -10
1. Jim Hinckley (Packington Vets) 54 -11 Peg 12 Carp on Feeder & Pellet
2. Ray Chandler (Packington) 48 – 4
3. John Batey (Packington) 45 -11
4. Norman Davies (Packington) 41 -13
1. Ron Savage (Lanes Bait) 52 -15 Peg 43 F1’s & Crucians on Pole & Caster
2. Derek Hartshorn (Swan Baits) 39 – 1
3. Craig O’Brien (Fast Feeders) 38 -13
4. Ray Quiney (Packington) 38 – 5
1. Chris Newton (Smithys) 48 -13 Peg 21 Carp & Skimmers on Pole & Maggot
2. Suzy Smith (Kobra Feeders) 41 – 8
3. John Newton (Smithys) 41 – 4
4. Steve White (Kobra Feedrs) 36 – 9
SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE SUMMER LEAGUE
1. James Evans (Solihull Angling) 85 – 4 Peg 44 Carp on Straight Lead & Pellet
2. Paul Ainsworth (Solihull Angling) 71 – 1
3. Duncan Clarke (Matrix/Solihull Angling) 48 – 3
4. Trevor Houghton (Solihull Angling) 47 -10
MOLANDS Fishing really well at the moment with plenty of carp, F1’s, skimmers, crucians and tench showing. Lots of different tactics working with dead reds or worm fished down the margins. Long pole with chopped worm and caster and straight lead with 8mm pellets all providing good nets of fish. The best pegs have been 8 – 21, 27, 31, 43 – 48 and 56 – 60.
GEARYS This pool is still a little patchy although the skimmers have been feeding well particularly along the high bank where nets to nearly 50lb have been caught this week. The best tactic for skimmers is long pole with pellet, worm, dead red maggot or caster fished over ground bait. The carp are coming best to straight lead and pellet fished out into the open water but are tending to show on a few pegs with 7, 11, 18 – 20 and 27 – 31 the favoured areas.
LITTLE GEARYS A little better this week with match weights to over 40lb and the matches are being won from anywhere making it very fair at the moment. Natural baits are working best with caster and worm fished down the middle or tight into the margins the best approach. Top pegs are 5, 7, 9 – 12, 17 – 21 and 28 – 30.
GRATUITIES A little bit up and down this week and with the weather turning unsettled, sport slowed towards the weekend. Carp and crucians provided the best of the action with the carp coming to a small feeder fished up to the island with punched bread or meat on the hook and the crucians coming to pole fished pellet or caster down the middle. Best pegs 1, 6 – 8, 11, 15 and 16.
WILLOW A quiet week on Willow but those that fished it found that carp and F1’s are coming to a small pellet/open end feeder just up to the island with banded hard pellet, Polony or punched bread the best hook baits.
FIRST BAY/REEDY BAY/ALDER/CRESCENT These small pools have been fishing well with lots of small carp, F1’s and tench being caught on float fished corn, pellet or maggot. Crescent has provided the bigger carp and the best tactics on here is to fish close in with corn, dead maggot or worm.
RIVER BLYTHE The heavy rain over the weekend should freshen up the river and the bigger chub should start showing to worm or breadflake. Maggot or caster have been catching plenty of smaller fish with chub, roach, perch, dace and gudgeon showing in numbers.
SATURDAY 19th OCTOBER – OPEN – MOLANDS Draw 9am, fish 10am to 3pm.
SUNDAY 20th OCTOBER – OPEN – MOLANDS Draw 9am, fish 10am to 3pm.
EVERY WEDNESDAY – TONY’S OPEN – LITTLE GEARYSDraw 9am, fish 10.30 am to 3.30pm.
WEDNESDAY – SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE OPEN – MOLANDSPLEASE NOTE – This week draw time will be 11am, fish 12pm to 5pm.
This years Winter League starts on Sunday 27th October. The format has changed a little with all the matches being fished on Molands and Little Gearys and there will be nine matches in all. There will be a £1000 1st prize again this year providing at least 40 anglers enter. Cost will be £60 which pays £20 to league and £20 for first match and £20 for last match. Each round in between will be £20. For further details contact the fishery.
FROM JULY 1st, THE FISHERY WILL NOT BE SUPPLYING KEEPNETS FOR MATCHES. ANGLERS MUST PROVIDE THEIR OWN NETS. THERE WILL BE A 60lb MAXIMUM WEIGHT LIMIT AND NETS MUST BE LAID OUT BEHIND ANGLERS UNTIL 15 MINUTES BEFORE THE MATCH STARTS.
FISH SIX TIMES AND GET A TICKET FREE. THE FISHERY IS NOW OPEN AT 7am AND CLOSES AT DUSK.
Contact the lodge on 01676 523833 for further details or check out our website on www.packingtonestate.net