1. Ron Savage (Lanes Bait) 54 – 8 Peg 19 LITTLE GEARYS
F1s on Pole & Maggot
2. Joe Polets (Drennan) 53 -14
3. Mick Martin (Attlebrough) 50 – 4
4. Terry Gibbons (Packington) 45 – 7
SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE WEDNESDAY OPEN
1. Rob Street (Smithys) 127 -11 Peg 43
F1s & Carp on Pole & Maggot
2. Steve Edwards (Packington) 124 -10
3. Danny Tresigne (Smithys) 119 – 7
4. Matt Blackburn (Smithys) 98 -14
PACKINGTON VETS (MOLANDS)
1. Dave Duggan (Dams & Locks) 45 -13 Peg 47
2. John Lowe (Tornadoes) 33 – 0
3. Kevin O’Neill (Packington Vets) 30 – 1
4. Dave Evans (Packington Vets) 23 – 7
SATURDAY OPEN (MOLANDS)
1. Lee Richards (Packington) 75 -11 Peg 52
F1s & Carp on Pole & Pellet
2. Shane Whittaker (Bagem Baits) 49 – 8
3. Danny Tresigne (Smithys) 48 -10
4. Dave Duggan (Dams & Locks) 43 -15
ICE BREAKERS AC (LITTLE GEARYS)
1. Andy Jones 110 – 5 Peg 13
F1s on Pole & Pellet Shallow
2. Jez Brown 105 -11
3. Colin Kettlewell 68 – 1
4. David Eastwood 63 – 0
SUNDAY OPEN (LITTLE GEARYS)
1. Steve Edwards (Packington) 98 -11 Peg 9
F1s & Carp on Waggler & Pellet
2. Richard Hopkins (Packington) 65 -10
3. Steve Allen (Coleshill) 57 -13
4. Ray Quiney (Packington) 56 – 3
BRIGHTON AC (SIBLINGS B)
1. Dan Hopkins 63 -15 Peg 10
F1s on Pole & Pellet
2. Adrian Birkett 51 -13
3. Craig Bott 44 – 7
SOLIHULL SILVERS LEAGUE (GEARYS)
1. Dave Smith (Lans Bait) 40 – 4 Peg 9
Skimmers on Pole &Maggot/Pellet
2. Pete Brown (Maryuku AC) 22 – 7
3. Keith Winn (Lanes Bait) 20 -14
4. Kevin Folwell (Drennan) 19 -11
1. Dave Smith (Lanes Bait) 3 Points 57 -11
2. Roy Beasley (Packington) 3 Points 43 – 9
3. Keith Winn (Lanes Bait) 5 Points
MOLANDS A bit of milder weather has seen catches shoot up with weights to over 120lb caught in matches and pleasure anglers reporting nets to over 100lb. Carp to over 18lb and F1s to 7lb have featured in nets with various tactics working well. Long pole with pellet fished shallow or on the deck have been working well for F1s and straight lead with pellet or boilies best for the bigger carp. Skimmers, roach and crucians also starting to show in numbers. Top pegs have been 8, 12, 19 – 31, 43 – 48 and 56 – 60.
GEARYS The carp are on the move and catches of 20 fish up to 15lb+ have been reported with bomb and pellet or wafter catching well. Pole fished corn down the margins is also catching plenty of fish but generally of a smaller stamp. The silver fish fishing has been good with nets to 40lb mainly of skimmers but some quality roach and tench also showing to maggot over ground bait. Best pegs have been 3, 6 – 11, 16 – 23 and 31 – 36.
LITTLE GEARYS In good form with catches to 110lb taken last week and good consistent action to be had from all parts of the pool. F1s, carp, crucians and tench are being caught with the top tactics pellet or maggot fished shallow. Pellet, corn or caster fished down the edges is another good approach.
GRATUITIES The carp have woken up with pegs 6 – 10 all producing decent catches on the pellet waggler or pellet feeder. Good mixed catches are coming to the pole with caster, maggot or expander pellet.
SIBLINGS A More colour in the pool and it is fishing a lot better with good mixed nets of carp, F1s, ide, tench and skimmers being caught on pole fished pellet, maggot, caster and even meat starting to work.
SIBLINGS B Very good fishing with nets to 100lb caught by pleasure anglers made up mainly of F1s but some decent roach, tench and carp also coming out. More coloured and you can catch closer in now with maggot and pellet the top baits.
ANNIVERSARIES Better on all areas now with lots of F1s being caught from all around the pool. Bigger bream to 5lb showing well on pegs 5, 6 and 17 – 23 with ground bait feeder and worm accounting for the better fish.
WILLOW Like all the pools the fishing has improved over the last week with plenty of carp in the 2 – 4lb range, F1s, skimmers and tench being caught. Waggler or feeder to the island is the best tactic with some big carp starting to come down the margins now.
SATURDAY 18th MARCH – OPEN MATCH – GEARYS
Draw 9am, fish 10am to 3pm
SUNDAY 19th MARCH – OPEN MATCH – MOLANDS
Draw 9am, fish 10am to 3pm
EVERY WEDNESDAY – SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE OPEN MATCH
Draw is now 11am, fish 12.30pm to 5.30pm
DAY TICKET OFFER
To claim a 50% discount for a Day Ticket please email firstname.lastname@example.org for a voucher.
SEASON TICKETS ARE AVAILABLE. £175.00 FOR A FULL TICKET AND £155.00 FOR A CONCESSIONARY TICKET. PLEASE CONTACT THE LODGE.
FISHERY OPENING AND CLOSING TIMES
FROM WEDNESDAY 1st MARCH THE FISHERY WILL OPEN AT 7am AND CLOSE AT DUSK. NORMAL PRICES NOW APPLY WITH DAY TICKETS AT £9.00 AND CONCESSIONS AT £7.00.
FISH SIX TIMES AND GET A TICKET FREE.
Contact the lodge on 01676 523833 for further details or check out our website on
packingtonestate.co.uk Also see us on Facebook (Packington Fisheries).