Telephone: 01676 523833
FISHING AND MATCH REPORT – WEEK ENDING 12/11/17
STARLETS VETS (MOLANDS & LITTLE GEARYS)
1. Dave Atkins (Packington) 60 – 0 Peg 21 LITTLE GEARYS
2. Keith Deaner (Smithys) 54 – 4
3. Bob Calcott (Packington) 53 – 3
4. John Lowe (Tornadoes) 47 – 9
SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE WEDNESDAY OPEN
1. Ian Keywood (Solihull Angling) 54 -10 Peg 7
F1s on Pole & Maggot
2. Jack Shirley (Solihull Angling) 52 – 9
3. Paul Mortimer (Smithys) 38 -10
4. Phil Suitor (Smithys) 37 -10
PACKINGTON VETS (GEARYS/WILLOW/SIBLINGS B)
1. Andy Saunders (Packington Vets) 40 – 8 Peg 7 WILLOW
Carp & F1s on Pole & Maggot
2. Allan Ellinson (Tusses Tackle) 31 -13
3. Mick Cotton (Packington) 28 – 6
4. Bob Gould (Packington) 25 – 2
SATURDAY OPEN (GEARYS)
1. Danny Tresigne (Smithys) 49 -10 Peg 10
Carp on Waggler & Pellet
2. Keith Deaner (Smithys) 44 – 6
3. Matt Chapman (Smithys) 40 – 6
4. Steve Edwards (Packington) 27 – 9
RIDGEMERE AC (LITTLE GEARYS)
1. Dave Longford 47 – 9 Peg 11
F1s on Maggot Feeder
2. Keith Harris 46 -10
3. Mark Sumners 40 – 6
4. Paul Hubbard 39 – 7
SUNDAY OPEN (LITTLE GEARYS)
1. Ian Crossman (Browning Central) 52 – 0 Peg 8
F1s on Pole & Maggot
2. Chris Newton (Smithys) 46 -10
3. Luke Newton (Smithys) 44 – 7
4. Des Jarvis (Solihull Angling) 44 – 4
SOLIHULL SILVERS LEAGUE (MOLANDS)
1. Dave Smith (Packington) 6 – 6 Peg 15
Roach on Pole & Pinkies
2. Phil Canning (Frenzee/Spotted Fin) 5 -14
3. Rob Ellis (Smithys) 5 – 9
4. Dave Armstrong (Warwick) 4 -15
1. Dave Smith (Packington) 4 Points
2. Danny Tresigne (Smithys) 5 Points
3. Rob Ellis (Smithys) 6 Points
MOLANDS Definitely moving into winter mode with the fishing very much up and down. The big fish were showing well on the more overcast days but it was a struggle on the brighter days. F1s to 6lb have featured and pole fished maggot at 13 metres is the top tactic at the moment clearly followed by the maggot feeder fished three quarter way across. Pegs from 52 – 60 were the most consistent.
GEARYS For mid-November the fishing on Gearys has been pretty good with nets to around 50lb made up of carp and skimmers. The high bank area is the best with pegs 7 – 13 in form at the moment. Carp to double figures are still coming to bomb and pellet or method feeder fished at 30 – 40 metres with the pellet waggler accounting for some fish too. The skimmers are responding well to maggot or caster fished over ground bait.
LITTLE GEARYS The most consistent of the pools at the moment with F1s being caught all around the pool but the hot area is between pegs 5 and 13. Long pole with maggot on the ‘deck’ is the top tactic but maggot feeder is also worth a try and later in the day down the margins with maggot or caster. F1s to 7lb have featured in catches this week.
ANNIVERSARIES Carp and F1s are showing well on the early pegs from 2 – 6 with pole fished maggot or expander pellet fished over a few micros the top tactic.
SIBLINGS A (Doughnut) Very clear but decent sport to be had fishing maggot or caster for ide and F1s. Feeding with the catapult and fishing shallow for the tench is the best way to ensure plenty of takes. The odd bigger carp are coming to bread or corn dobbed along the island.
SIBLINGS B (Horseshoe) As with ‘A’, Siblings B is very clear and weights have been down this week. F1s are producing the better sport fishing pellet or bread across to the far bank.
SATURDAY 18th NOVEMBER – OPEN MATCH – GEARYS
Draw 9am, fish 10.30am to 3.30pm
SUNDAY 19th NOVEMBER – WINTER LEAGUE
EVERY WEDNESDAY – SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE OPEN MATCH
Draw 9.30am, fish 10.45am to 3.45pm
TICKETS ARE ON SALE FOR THE CHRISTMAS MATCH TO BE HELD ON 10th DECEMBER AT £10.00 EACH. FOR FURTHER DETAILS PLEASE RING 01676 523833.
DAY TICKET OFFER
TO CLAIM A 50% DISCOUNT OFF A DAY TICKET PLEASE EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org FOR A VOUCHER.
WINTER OPENING AND CLOSING TIMES
FROM WEDNESDAY 1st NOVEMBER THE FISHERY WILL OPEN AT 7.30am AND CLOSE AT DUSK. THE PRICE WILL £6.00 FOR A DAY TICKET AND £4.50 FOR A CONCESSION TICKET.
FISH SIX TIMES AND GET A TICKET FREE.
Contact the lodge on 01676 523833 for further details or check out our website on
packingtonestate.co.uk Also see us on Facebook (Packington Fisheries).