BH MONDAY OPEN (LITTLE GEARYS)
1. Aiden Mansfield (Matrix) 120 – 0 Peg 9
F1s on Pole & Pellet Shallow
2. Paul Newall (Redditch) 113 – 7
3. Jack Shirley (Solihull Angling) 100 – 2
4. Dan Eaton (DS Floats) 98 -10
1. Mick Martin (Attleborough AC) 39 – 8 Peg 30 GEARYS
Carp & Skimmers on Method Feeder
2. Keith Guest (Packington) 32 – 6
3. Allan Ellison (Attleborough AC) 25 – 7
4. John Smith (Packington) 24 – 7
SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE (MOLANDS)
1. Lee Richards (Packington) 80 -12 Peg 44
Carp & F1s on Waggler & Pellet
2. Pete Heaven (Greyhound) 74 – 6
3. John Burchell (Packington) 64 – 2
4. Ian Keywood (Solihull Angling) 61 -10
1. Phil Barran (Packington) 46 – 8 Peg 9 SIBLINGS B
Carp & F1s on Pole & Corn
2. Dave Duggan (Dams & Locks) 39 -11
3. Keith Guest (Packington) 35 -12
4. Burt McGann (Packington) 32 – 4
SATURDAY OPEN (GEARYS)
1. Ray Durant (Packington) 73 – 2 Peg 18
Carp on Bomb & Pellet
2. Trevor Hodges (Packingto) 69 – 8
3. Ian Keywood (Solihull Angling) 65 -10
4. Paul Alder (Solihull Angling) 57 – 9
TORNADOES AC (GEARYS)
1. Carl Allen 153 – 7 Peg 31
Carp on Bomb & Pellet
2. Wayne Marshall 73 -10
3. Dean Young 73 – 0
MILLPOOL AC (MOLANDS)
1. Colin Chapman 107 -11 Peg 60
Carp & F1s on Pole & Pellet
2. Charles Merrett 73 – 2
3. Jacko 71 – 4
SUNDAY OPEN (SIBLINGS)
1. Phil Canning (NuFish) 112 – 2 Peg 7 SIBLINGS B
F1s on Pole & Pellet
2. Martin Wood (Solihull Angling) 67 – 0
3. Steve Pearce (Packington) 57 – 6
4. Paul Newall (Redditch) 56 – 4
MOLANDS The milder weather at the weekend saw an upturn in sport albeit very patchy. Nets to over 100lb were caught in matches and there have been some cracking fish caught again with the best fish of the week, a 22lb 9oz common from peg 43. In the matches, pole with banded hard pellet or corn has been the top tactic with waggler or bomb and big pellet to the island a good back up. The bigger carp are coming to boilies fished on the bomb. Best pegs have been
2, 8, 13, 19 -25, 29, 41 – 48 and 56 – 60.
GEARYS The carp seem to have been a little better spread around the pool with the onset of some milder weather. Match weights to over 150lb and lots of double figure carp are being caught with the best reported at 20lb. In the matches, bomb/pellet, method feeder or pole with corn or hard pellet have been the best tactics. Carp anglers have enjoyed success, fishing boilies over hemp/corn. Best pegs have been 9 – 13, 18 – 20 and 30 – 36.
LITTLE GEARYS Still not in prolific form but weights to over 100lb have been caught with a variety of tactics working at the moment. Shallow pole with caster/pellet, waggler with banded 6mm or 8mm pellet and meat or corn down the margins have all been working for F1s and carp. The best area has been from peg 1 – 11.
GRATUITIES Still fishing quite hard with the carp not feeding in numbers but anglers are catching up to 10 fish from 2 – 8lb using corn or a small method/pellet feeder to the island. Decent silver fish sport all week with skimmers, roach and perch coming to maggot or caster.
ANNIVERSARIES The F1s are showing on most pegs along with ide and small roach/skimmers but nets to around 40lb have been best this week. Pole fished pellet or corn
have accounted for the better catches. Carp are showing on a few pegs with 1 – 6 and 21 – 23 producing a few fish to 6lb.
WILLOW Very up and down with great fishing one day and poor the next. Carp to double figures, F1s to 5lb and plenty of silvers are being caught in catches to around 50lb. On the better days, waggler with pellet to the island, pole fished pellet or maggot fished shallow and on the deck down the middle and paste or corn close in have been the top tactics.
SIBLINGS A Nets to around 60lb best with carp to double figures, F1s and silvers making up the better catches. Pole fished corn or pellet across to the far bank, shallow meat or pellet down the middle and close in on corn or meat have been the better tactics this week.
SIBLINGS B Fished ok this week with catches to over 100lb, mostly made up of F1s from
1 – 3lb but a few decent carp up to 10lb have shown. Pole fished pellet, corn, or maggot fished across to the far bank or short at 5 metres has been the better tactic.
FORTHCOMING OPEN MATCHES
EVERY WEDNESDAY – SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE OPEN – MOLANDS
Draw 1pm, fish 2.30pm to 7.30pm.
SATURDAY 15th MAY – OPEN – GEARYS.
Draw 9am. Fish 10.30am to 4.30pm.
SUNDAY 16th MAY – OPEN – SIBLINGS
Draw 9am. Fish 10.30am to 3.30pm.
PLEASE ADHERE TO THE SOCIAL DISTANCING CONDITIONS IN PLACE AT THE FISHERY.
GATES OPEN AT 7am, CLOSES AT 9pm.
WE ARE SORRY BUT DURING THE CURRENT RESTRICTIONS WE CANNOT ALLOW VISITORS OR SPECTATORS ONTO THE FISHERY.
FROM MARCH 1st TICKET PRICES WILL BE £10 FOR A FULL DAY TICKET AND
£8.00 FOR A CONCESSIONARY TICKET.
Contact the lodge on 01676 523833 for further details or check out our website on
packingtonestate.co.uk Also see us on Facebook (Packington Fisheries).