STARLETS VETS (ANNIVERSARIES / SIBLINGS / WILLOW)
1. Billy Hawkes (Lucas) 82-12 Peg 9 SIBLINGS B
F1s on Pole & Pellet
2. Dave Duggan (Dams & Locks) 45-11
3. Allan Dolby (Lanes Bait) 45-8
4. Kevin Folwell (Drennan) 41-6
SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE (MOLANDS)
1. Pete Heaven (Greyhound AC) 83-0 Peg 15
Carl & F1s on Pole & Corn
2. Jon Newton (Smithys) 74-9
3. John Burchell (Packington) 63-5
4. Ian Keywood (Solihull Angling) 59-14
PACKINGTON VETS (MOLANDS/WILLOW)
1. Mark Sumners (Ridgemere AC) 45-12 Peg2 MOLANDS
Carp & F1s on Waggler & Pellet
2. Mick Gibbs (Chiltern Baits) 40-9
3. Keith Deaner (Smithys) 40-0
4. Pat Clark (Lime Tree) 38-0
SOLIHULL ANGLING SILVERS 2 DAYER (GEARYS)
1. Dave Smith (Solihull Angling) 41-4 Peg 19
Skimmers on Pole & Caster
2. Mick Wheatley (Drennan) 29.2
3. Ian Keywood (Solihull Angling) 28-10
1. Dave Smith (Solihull Angling) 39-14
2. Shawn Vallender (Smithys) 33-5
3. Keith Winn (Lanes Bait) 29-8
1. Dave Smith (Solihull Angling) 81-2 2 points
2. Ian Keywood (Solihull Angling) 48-9 3 points
3. Kevin Folwell (Drennan) 47-14 4 points
4. Mick Wheatley (Drennan) 49-7 5 points
5. Daz Coates (Smithys) 42-2 5 points
SATURDAY OPEN (GEARYS)
1. Max Higgott (Burt Baits) 132-5 Peg 31
Carp on Bomb & Pellet
2. Stephen Bellion (Team Milo) 112-5
3. Trevor Hodges (Packington) 73-15
3. Phil Canning (NuFish) 72-15
ELEPHANT & CASTLE (LITTLE GEARYS)
1. Martin S 73-9 Peg 5
F1s on Pole & Pellet
2. Matt George 72-5
3. Paul B 68-8
4. Dom 56-6
SUNDAY OPEN (MOLANDS)
1. Phil Canning (NuFish) 110-6 Peg 56
Carp to 20lb on Waggler & Pellet
2. Jon Newton (Smithys) 51-2
3. Trevor Hodges (Packington) 49-12
4. Paul Newall (Redditch ) 46-4
COLESHILL OPEN (GEARYS)
1. J Price 58-8 Peg 31
Carp on Bomb & Pellet
2. P Nightingale 26-5
3. Ruben Sampson 24-12
MOLANDS The unusual run of weather with night frosts and cold days has certainly been making all of the pools fish strangely. Carp to 20lb, F1s to 8lb, tench to 5lb and bream have featured in nets to 100lb but the fishing is definitely patchy. The carp are coming to waggler/bomb and pellet with a number of fish between 15-20lb caught this week. F1s are responding best later in the day to corn or pellet fished close in on the pole.
GEARYS Some better catches in the matches with nets to 130lb winning but as with all the pools it is still not as prolific as it should be for the time of year. In the matches, method feeder or bomb and pellet have been the top tactics with corn or pellet fished down the margins also worth a try. The carp anglers have been catching well on krill / squid or tuna boilies fished over PVA bags. Best areas have been around the middle stumps on pegs 9 – 13 and 31 -35.
LITTLE GEARYS Still fishing quite hard when matched fished but pleasure anglers catching bags to an estimated 100lb+. The best area this week has to be along the car park side from pegs 1-5 and 25-30 where pellet waggler, long pole and pellet or corn/meat down the margins have consistently caught F1s from 2-4lb along with the odd bigger carp to 15lb.
GRATUITIES Very hit and miss for carp this week with a few fish into double figures coming to surface and shallow tactics or long down the margins on the end peg swims with corn over micros. The silver fish sport has been better with nets of skimmers roach, perch and crucians to 20lb or pole fished caster and maggot.
ANNIVERSARIES Like all the pools, we could do with a consistent warm spell to get the fishing up to speed. Nets to 60lb were caught on most pegs with a chance of some decent sport from F1s and silvers. Pole fished maggot or pellet has been the top tactic but on the wider more open pegs, waggler with 6mm pellet or a small pellet feeder has been working.
WILLOW Carp to 18lb, F1s to 7lb and plenty of smaller samples have been showing this week. The bigger carp are coming to boilies or big pellets fished against the island or down the margins with paste or corn. F1s are showing to the waggler with pellet or on the deck at 13 metres with banded hard pellet. Best pegs have been 1 – 6.
SIBLINGS A Match weights to around 50lb were best this week but pleasure anglers have enjoyed the best of the action, particularly fishing in the later afternoon sessions. Carp to 15lb, F1s to 5lb, ide and decent skimmers have been coming out to meat or pellet on the deck and shallow or down the margins with paste, meat or corn.
SIBLINGS B The pegs around the point from 5-11 have offered the most consistent fishing on the Fishery during the last week with lots of F1s from 1-3lb and a few carp up to double figures coming to long pole fished against the far bank or short on maggot or pellet.
FORTHCOMING OPEN MATCHES
EVERY WEDNESDAY – SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE OPEN – MOLANDS
Draw 1pm, fish 2.30pm to 7.30pm
SATURDAY 8TH MAY – OPEN – GEARYS
Draw 9am. Fish 10.30am to 4.30pm
SUNDAY 9TH MAY – OPEN – SIBLINGS A
Draw 9am. Fish 10.30am to 3.30pm
CONTACT THE FISHERY ON 01676 523833
PLEASE ADHERE TO THE SOCIAL DISTANCING CONDITIONS IN PLACE AT THE FISHERY.
GATES OPEN AT 7AM, CLOSES AT 9PM.
WE ARE SORRY BUT DURING THE CURRENT RESTRICTIONS WE CANNOT ALLOW VISITORS OR SPECTACTORS ONTO THE FISHERY.
FORM 1ST MARCH TICKET PRICES WILL BE £10 FOR A FULL DAY TICKET AND £8.00 FOR A CONCESSIONARY TICKET.
Contact the Lodge on 01676 523833 for further details or check out our website on packingtonestate.co.uk. Also see us on Facebook (Packington Fisheries).