STARLETS VETS (MOLANDS/GEARYS)
1. Dave Duggan (Dams & Locks) 52 -12 Peg 9 GEARYS
Carp & Skimmers on Pole & Caster
2. Brian Edwards (Packington Vets) 41 – 0
3. Burt McGann (Packington) 40 -15
4. Derek Hartshorn (Swan Baits) 35 – 2
SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE WEDNESDAY OPEN
1. Jon Newton (Smithys) 119 -12 Peg 27
Carp & F1s on Pole & Meat
2. Steve Edwards (Packington) 104 – 0
3. Dan Wooding (Solihull Angling) 101 -15
4. Shane Whittaker (Bagem Baits) 85 – 0
PACKINGTON VETS (ANNIVERSARIES/SIBLINGS/WILLOW)
1. Trevor Harvey (Tusses Tackle) 73 -10 Peg 3 WILLOW
Carp & F1s on Waggler & Pellet
2. Ray Quiney (Packington) 58 -14
3. Dave Wallace (Packington ‘A’) 58 – 4
4. Phil Hull (Tusses Tackle) 54 – 8
ST GEORGES’S AC (LITTLE GEARYS)
1. D Hart 44 -12 Peg 12
F1s on Pole & Pellet
2. K Baker 36 – 5
3. D Gleeson 33 – 0
MAYPOLE AC (GEARYS)
1. John Johnson 78 -12 Peg 12
Carp on Bomb & Pellet
2. Keith Webb 77 – 8
3. Ray Chandler 64 – 8
GOOD FRIDAY OPEN (LITTLE GEARYS)
1. Shane Whittaker (Bagem Baits) 118 – 4 Peg 5
Carp & F1s on Pole & Caster
2. Dan Wooding (Solihull Angling) 94 – 2
3. Aidan Mansfield (MAP) 90 – 5
4. Allan Hill (Beaufort AC) 64 -14
SATURDAY OPEN (GEARYS)
1. Ian Keywood (Solihull Angling) 70 – 3 Peg 19
Carp on Bomb & Pellet
2. Leon Haldron (Packington) 68 – 6
3. Dave Elliott (Packington) 63 – 7
4. Paul Hunter (Paulsfodder) 49 – 0
EASTER TEAMS OF THREE (MOLANDS/GEARYS)
1. John Burchell (Packington) 80 -13 Peg 10 MOLANDS
F1s & Carp on Pole & Pellet
2. Jez Brown (Packington) 78 -12
3. Ian Keywood (Solihull Angling) 75 – 8
4. Keith Webb (Maypole) 67 -12
1. Danny Tresigne/Matt Brayfield/Dave Elliott – 9 Points (Smithys)
2. Shane Whittaker/Steve Edwards/Steve Bellion – 12 Points (Fosters)
3. Steve Lovell/Roy Beasley/John Burchell – 17 Points (Packington)
MOLANDS Match weights to over 100lb have been caught this week with carp and F1s providing the main action. There is a bit more colour in the pool and this has allowed margin sport to improve with meat or corn fished tight into the near bank catching carp to 15lb and F1s to 7lb. Long pole and pellet or waggler with big 8mm pellets have also been catching. Top pegs are 2, 10 – 15, 19 – 27, 31 and 43 – 48.
GEARYS Some cracking silver bags have been caught this week with nets to over 50lb of skimmers, crucians and the odd tench or carp being caught on pole with caster/worm, corn and expander pellet. Carp catches to 100lb have been caught and method feeder with dead maggot or bomb and pellet are accounting for the better catches. Top pegs are 9 – 13, 18 – 21 and 30 – 33.
LITTLE GEARYS The top end from pegs 1 round to 9 have been the most consistent areas with big F1s and carp in catches to 100lb+. Fishing down the margins with corn, meat, caster or pellet have been the most prolific tactics but shallow pole and pellet or a small feeder to the island has also been working.
GRATUITIES Carp to double figures have been caught with plenty in the 3 – 6lb range also showing. Waggler with corn or method feeder to the island has been the best tactic. Plenty of crucians, skimmers and roach are also coming to maggot, caster or soft pellet.
SIBLINGS A (Doughnut) A little bit harder this week with the drop in temperatures affecting sport. Ide, F1s and carp in nets to 50lb have been best this week. Pole fished meat or maggot has been the best tactic.
SIBLINGS B (Horseshoe) F1s from 8oz – 1½lb have been giving plenty of bites on pole and pellet or maggot. The colour has dropped out a little and fishing to the far aside has been the best approach.
WILLOW In good form with plenty of carp and F1s being caught on waggler with pellet or corn or the pole fished pellet either on the deck or shallow. Top pegs have been 1 – 3, 8 and
10 – 12.
ANNIVERSARIES Good sport to be had from most pegs with F1s, ide, roach and bream showing all round the pool. Float fished corn, pellet or maggot the best tactic at the moment.
SATURDAY 22nd APRIL – OPEN MATCH – GEARYS
Draw 11am, fish 12.30am to 5.30pm
SUNDAY 23rd APRIL – OPEN MATCH – MOLANDS
Draw 9am, fish 10.30am to 3.30pm
EVERY WEDNESDAY – SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE OPEN MATCH
Draw is now 1pm, fish 2.15pm to 7.15pm
DAY TICKET OFFER
TO CLAIM A 50% DISCOUNT OFF A DAY TICKET PLEASE EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org FOR A VOUCHER.
SEASON TICKETS ARE AVAILABLE. £175.00 FOR A FULL TICKET AND £155.00 FOR A CONCESSIONARY TICKET. PLEASE CONTACT THE LODGE.
FISHERY OPENING AND CLOSING TIMES
FROM WEDNESDAY 1st MARCH THE FISHERY WILL OPEN AT 7am AND CLOSE AT DUSK. NORMAL PRICES NOW APPLY WITH DAY TICKETS AT £9.00 AND CONCESSIONS AT £7.00.
FISH SIX TIMES AND GET A TICKET FREE.
Contact the lodge on 01676 523833 for further details or check out our website on
packingtonestate.co.uk Also see us on Facebook (Packington Fisheries).