1. Keith Deaner (Smithys) 34 -10 Peg 16 GRATS
Carp on Bomb & Pellet
2. Burt McGann (Packington) 33 – 2
3. Derek Hartshorn (Swann Baits) 30 – 8
4. Billy Hawkes (Packington) 28 -10
SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE WEDNESDAY OPEN
1. John Burchell (Packington) 82 -12 Peg 43
Carp & F1s on Waggler & Pellet
2. Phil Canning (Frenzee) 77 – 6
3. Nick Jukes (Smithys AC) 41 -13
4. Steve Edwards (Packington) 40 – 2
PACKINGTON VETS (MOLANDS)
1. Ron Savage (Lanes Bait) 41 -10 Peg 54
Carp & F1s on Pole & Maggot
2. Alan Ellison (Packington) 35 -10
3. Dave Atkins (Packington) 34 -11
4. John Lowe (Tornadoes) 25 -10
SATURDAY OPEN (MOLANDS)
1. Steve Bellion (Packington) 15 – 8 Peg 56
F1s on Pole & Maggot
2. Steve Edwards (Packington) 12 – 6
3. Pete Murray (Packington) 10 – 0
4. Steve Hemingray (Drennan) 8 -14
SUNDAY OPEN (LITTLE GEARYS)
1. Steve Edwards (Packington) 33 – 8 Peg 29
F1’s & Skimmers on Pole & Maggot
2. Des Jarvis (Solihull Angling) 18 – 0
3. Marie Leadbetter (Packington) 15 – 4
4. Shane Whittaker (Bagem Baits) 13 – 0
SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE SILVERS LEAGUE
1. Keith Webb (Maypole AC) 9 – 8 Peg 7
Skimmers on Feeder & Maggot
2. Roy Beasley (Packington) 9 – 1
3. Lee Taylor (Bagem Baits) 8 – 9
4. Dave Smith (Lanes Bait) 6 -12
MOLANDS With the milder interlude in the week the fishing was really good but the very cold weather at the weekend saw catches plummet. The carp were showing in the week with fish to double figures coming to waggler and pellet or a maggot feeder fished tight to the island. There were also some big F1s with fish to 7lb in nets to 70lb and maggot or expander pellet fished long on the pole accounted for the better catches. The best areas have been around pegs 21 – 29, 43 – 48 and 54 – 58.
GEARYS It has been tough on Gearys this week with a few carp being caught in the week to bomb and bread and skimmer nets just into double figures the best at the weekend. Ground bait with maggot or pinkies was the best tactic for silvers.
LITTLE GEARYS Definitely picking up with pleasure anglers in the week reporting hectic fishing on the maggot feeder or pole with maggot or pellet. F1s have provided the main action with fish to 5lb but carp to 8lb and skimmers to 2lb are also showing well. Decent sport to be had from most areas but pegs 9 – 15 and 25 – 29 have been best.
GRATUITIES Carp catches to 50lb have been caught by pleasure anglers with fish to double figures coming to bomb with pellet or wafters the top tactic. Good nets of silvers with roach, skimmers, perch and the bonus bigger bream being caught on pole with maggot or caster.
SIBLINGS A & B Both pools have seen a dip in sport this week with the very cold weather seeing any colour drop out of them. Catches to double figures of F1s and ide were caught on maggot, caster or pinkies on both pools.
ANNIVERSARIES Still a little patchy with the top end on the early numbered pegs the better area. F1s, ide, decent roach and some good sized bream have featured in nets this week. A small feeder fished into the open water and pole with maggot/pellet have been the best tactics.
WILLOW Decent mixed nets of skimmers and F1s are coming to pole fished maggot or pellet. A small waggler or pellet feeder fished to the island is also providing decent sport.
SATURDAY 18th FEBRUARY – OPEN MATCH – MOLANDS
Draw 9am, fish 10.30am to 3.30pm
SUNDAY 19th FEBRUARY – WINTER LEAGUE
EVERY WEDNESDAY – SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE OPEN MATCH
SEASON TICKETS ARE AVAILABLE. £175.00 FOR A FULL TICKET AND £155.00 FOR A CONCESSIONARY TICKET. PLEASE CONTACT THE LODGE.
FISHERY OPENING AND CLOSING TIMES
FROM MONDAY 31st OCTOBER, THE FISHERY WILL OPEN AT 7.30am AND CLOSE
AT 5pm. PRICES ARE: £6.00 FOR THE DAY AND £4.50 FOR AN OAP/JUNIOR TICKET.
FISH SIX TIMES AND GET A TICKET FREE.
Contact the lodge on 01676 523833 for further details or check out our website on
packingtonestate.co.uk Also see us on Facebook (Packington Fisheries).