STARLETS VETS (MOLANDS/LITTLE GEARYS)
1. Andy Saunders (Packington) 38 – 2 Peg 19 MOLANDS
F1’s & Carp on Pellet Feeder
2. Bob Calcott (Packington) 29 – 8
3. Keith Winn (Lanes Bait) 27 – 0
4. Eddie Keene (COVPAC) 26 -13
SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE WEDNESDAY OPEN
1. Daniel Lewis (Packington) 64 – 2 Peg 46
F1’s & Carp on Pole & Maggot
2. Phil Canning (Frenzee) 61 – 6
3. John Burchell (Packington) 47 -10
4. Dan Tresigne (Packington) 37 – 4
MAYPOLE AC (SIBLINGS A & B)
1. Keith Webb 33 – 2 Peg 19 SIBLINGS A
Carp & F1’s on Pole & Maggot
2. Ray Hassam 19 – 4
3. Ray Taylor 17 – 4
4. Alan Millichamp 16 – 8
PACKINGTON VETS (GEARYS AND SIBLINGS A & B)
1. Ron Savage (Lane Bait) 56 -10 Peg 5 SIBLINGS A
Carp & Ide on Pole & Caster
2. Bob Calcott (Packington) 43 – 5
3. Ronnie Robinson (NEC) 34 -10
4. Derek Hartshorn (Swann Baits) 32 -12
SATURDAY OPEN (MOLANDS)
1. Steve Edwards (Packington) 25 -11 Peg 52
F1’s on Pole & Maggot
2. Dan Tresigne (Packington) 23 – 7
3. John Adamson (Packington) 20 – 0
4. Ian Keywood (Solihull Angling) 18 – 7
BRIGHTON AC (WILLOW & REEDY BAY)
1. Martin Beckett 32 – 9 Peg 12 WILLOW
F1’s & Carp on Pole & Pellet
2. Marc Drew 26 -15
2. Martin Berry 26 -15
WINTER LEAGUE – ROUND 2
1. Phil Canning (Frenzee) 54 – 7 Peg 42 MOLANDS
Carp & F1’s on Pole/Maggot & Waggler/Bread
2. Lee Richards (Packington) 39 -10
3. Jon Newton (Smithys) 34 -10
4. Chris Toal (LPR Floats) 33 -12
1. Phil Canning (Frenzee) 2 Points
2. Nick Jukes (Smithys) 4 Points
3. Shane Whittaker (Bagem Baits) 5 Points
4. Steve Edwards (Packington) 5 Points
MOLANDS The sharp drop in temperatures has seen catches drop this week and it was very difficult by the weekend. On the matches, weights to over 60lb were best with the fish responding during the latter part of the matches where pole with maggot at 6 – 12 metres has been the best tactic. A few carp are being caught by fishing punched bread or popped up boilies against the island.
GEARYS Very tough this week with the high bank the best area in the deep water from pegs
1 – 15. A few carp are being caught on pellet feeder or bomb with bread or large pellet but it is the skimmers that have given more consistent sport with decent catches coming to pole fished maggot or soft pellet.
LITTLE GEARYS The fishing has been very patchy on Little Gearys with pegs 1 – 15 giving the best chance of good sport where F1’s and skimmers are coming to pole fishing maggot or pellet. Predominately F1’s and it should settle down and become better as the fish adjust to the temperatures.
GRATUITIES Only a few pleasure anglers on Grats this week but decent mixed nets of crucians, skimmers, roach, perch and the odd carp and tench. With maggot, caster or expander pellet fished down the middle of the pool best.
SIBLINGS A & SIBLINGS B Both pools fished reasonably well through the week but not so good by the weekend. Lots of ide, F1’s and carp being caught on ‘A’ with pole fished maggot the best tactic. On ‘B’, it was pellet that was accounting for the better nets.
WILLOW F1’s and carp still being caught by fishing a waggler with pellet or punched bread against the island. Pole and pellet or maggot has also been working well.
EVERY WEDNESDAY – SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE OPEN
WILL ALTERNATE BETWEEN LITTLE GEARYS AND MOLANDS.
Draw 9.30am, fish 10.30am to 3.30pm.
SATURDAY 12th NOVEMBER – OPEN – MOLANDS
Draw 9am, fish 10.30am to 3.30pm
SUNDAY 13th NOVEMBER – OPEN – GRATS/SIBLINGS A
Draw 9am, fish 10.30am to 3.30pm
FISHERY OPENING AND CLOSING TIMES
FROM MONDAY 31st OCTOBER, THE FISHERY WILL OPEN AT 7.30am AND CLOSE
AT 5pm. PRICES ARE: £6.00 FOR THE DAY AND £4.50 FOR AN OAP/JUNIOR TICKET.
FISH SIX TIMES AND GET A TICKET FREE.
Contact the lodge on 01676 523833 for further details or check out our website on
packingtonestate.co.uk Also see us on Facebook (Packingon Fisheries).