Angling Trust & Canal & River Trust Kennet and Avon Canal Pairs
Large numbers of moored boats on the Seend Park section of the Kennet & Avon canal made pegging the match difficult, resulting in very long walks for the anglers involved in this latest Angling Trust & Canal & River Trust Canal pairs qualifier on Saturday 1st October 2016.
Top Individuals on the day started with Darren Scott of Swindon with a winning weight of 13lbs 4ozs made up of small bream and perch. Paul Waddington, Cardiff came in second with 12lbs 8ozs, Kevin Abigail, Devizes third with 11lbs 9ozs followed by Jason Evans, Bromsgrove 10lbs 11ozs.
The winning pair on the day was Mark Robertson and Jason Evans fishing for Browning West Midlands with 34 points. Both fished squat over groundbait to take all skimmer catches with Marks weight 6lbs 2ozs and Jason’s 10lbs 11ozs. Both had already qualified for the final in a previous heat. Top pair to go into the final was Gary Williamson and Paul Passmore of Devizes with 33 points followed by Paul Waddington and Mark Treasure on 30 points.
Top 8 results;
1. M.Robertson/Jason Evans – 34 points (already qualified from earlier qualifier heat)
2. G.Williamson/P.Passmore – 33 points (qualified for final)
3. P.Waddington/M.Treasure – 30 points (qualified for final)
4. K.Abigail/M.Berntsen – 29 points (qualified for final)
5. J.Carty/ L.Braddell – 27 points (qualified for final)
6. M.Marsden/A.Carter – 27 points (already qualified from earlier qualifier heat)
7. S. Brooks/D.Mawby – 25 points (qualified for final)
8. B.Dukes/R.Randall – 25 points
On weight S. Brooks and D.Mawby go through with 11lbs 8ozs B.Dukes and R.Randall had 10lbs 1ozs.
There will be a double header of Canal Pairs qualifiers this weekend on Saturday 8th October on the Llangollen Canal and on 9th October on the Leeds and Liverpool canal.