The Severn at Shrewsbury was the reserve venue used to replace a high River Dee. The river was running low and clear and a temperature drop of three degrees in four days didn’t bode well.
One man not complaining though was match winner Martin Challenger down at peg 89, where he recorded 16-10-0 of roach and dace on waggler and maggot tactics.
Second place and an A Zone win went to Mike Dench with 15-2-0 of chub and dace on long whip tactics from peg 45.
B Zone was a close run affair and was won on peg 65 by Lee Harries with 12-6-0 of roach.
1. Martin Challenger 16-10-0 (peg 89)
2. Mike Dench 15-2-0 (peg 45)
3. Dave Roberts 13-15-0 (peg 84)
4. Paul Williams 13-4-0 (peg 83)
5. Lee Harries 12-6-0 (peg 65)