ALL coarse, carp and fly anglers are reminded that their old Environment Agency Licence runs out on April 1st.

If you still haven’t got your new licence, you can do so very easily on the EA’s website simply by CLICKING HERE and following a simple procedure.

You are ‘licensed to fish’ from the moment your payment is accepted and are given a code to verify this fact. The licence itself will follow by return of post.

Anyone aged 12 years or over who fishes for salmon, trout, freshwater fish or eels in England or Wales must have an Environment Agency rod fishing licence.

A full coarse and non migratory trout licence costs £22 this year, with concessionary licences arodn half that price.

Junior licences for anglers between 12 and 16 years of age cost £5.25. There are also eight day (£7.25) and one-day (£3) licences available. If you fish for migratory salmon and sea trout the prices are higher.

You are eligible for a concessionary licence if:
1. You are aged 12 to 16 inclusive. (Junior)
2. You are aged 65 years or over. (Senior)
3. You receive: (Eligible disabled)
     a) Long-term incapacity benefit
     b) Short-term incapacity benefit (at the higher rate)
     c) Severe disablement allowance
     d) A war pension which includes unemployability supplement

To buy your licence online, simply click the link below and follow the simple procedure: