The IGFA’s recently launched iPhone app is generating significant appeal to anglers worldwide who love having instant fishing knowledge in their hands.
When opened and connected to a cellular or wi-fi connection the IGFA Mobile let’s anglers quickly identify their catches with stunning full-color images, then allows them to search for vacant, pending, and standing IGFA World Records, all at their fingertips.
Here’s a few of its many features:
• World Record Database gives the most up to date records on over 1100 species. It’s great for comparing what you’ve hooked – or in planning to fill a vacant record.
• IGFA Species ID of every record game species is captured in the incredible full-color images of marine artists Diane Rome Peebles’ and Duane Ravers’ with extensive ID descriptions and reference material from the experts at the IGFA including habitat information, geographic distribution and anatomy.
• My Catches lets you enter a photo and the details of your fish fight to Facebook or email with one easy step. On the iPhone or iPad, GPS functions will automatically record the location of your catches as you log them.
• Quest List helps you track your progress towards your next IGFA Weight Club (for bass, snook, or bonefish) or IGFA Slam Club. Or create your own customizable quest.
• Official IGFA Weigh Stations are one quick tap away and you’ll know how close you are to one, with maps to help you get there.
• Trip Planning List helps you in preparing for your best shot of having a great day on the water.
• IGFA Rules lets you consult the IGFA International Angling Rules – for both conventional and flyrod – to make sure your next catch won’t be disqualified.
The one time charge for all of these great features and benefits that the IGFA iPhone Mobile App has is just $8.99. And it also works on the iPad. Go to http://www.igfa.org/Fish/IGFA-Mobile.aspx to learn more about this great fishing advancement.