PACKINGTON SOMERS FISHERY
Telephone: 01676 523833
FISHING & MATCH REPORT – WEEK ENDING 1/2/15
STARLETS VETS (MOLANDS & LITTLE GEARYS)
1. Ron Savage (Lanes Bait) 13 -13 Peg 23 MOLANDS
F1’s & Skimmers on Pole & Caster
2. John Lowe (Tornadoes) 13 – 8
2. Pat Clark (Lime Tree Social) 12 – 7
3. Phil Barron (Packington) 9 -14
WEDNESDAY OPEN (LITTLE GEARYS)
1. Jamie Clarkson (Packington) 48 – 7 Peg 46
F1’s on Pellet Feeder
2. Darren Barrett (Coleshill AC) 28 – 7
3. Susie Smith (Kobra Feeders) 26 -14
4. John Stockton (Barford AA) 17 – 2
PACKINGTON VETS (MOLANDS)
1. Bob Worrad (Tornadoes) 18 -15 Peg 56
2. Pat Clark (Lime Tree Social) 18 – 4
3. B McGann 16 – 7
SATURDAY OPEN (MOLANDS)
1. Susie Smith (Kobra Feeders) 19 – 3 Peg 54
Carp & F1’s on Pellet Feeder
2. Danny Tresigne (Colmic) 19 – 0
3. Ian Keywood (Solihull Angling) 15 -13
PACKINGTON WINTER LEAGUE – ROUND 7
1. Duncan Clark (Solihull Angling) 35 -14 Peg 2 MOLANDS
Carp on Bomb & Bread
2. Bob James (Packington) 17 – 9
2. Jamie Clarkson (Packington) 17 – 9
4. Lee Richards (Packington) 16 -14
1. Lee Richards (Packington) 20 Points
2. John Newton (Smithys) 22 Points
3. Jamie Clarkson (Packington) 29 Points
4. Matt Brayfield (Gone Fishing) 31 Points
MOLANDS It has been a very cold week with ice on the pools at times and really strong winds. The fishing has therefore been a bit hard with the highlight being that a few carp have made an appearance. Bomb and bread have accounted for fish to 10lb. F1’s to 5lb have also featured with pole and pellet or a pellet feeder accounting for the better catches of F1’s.
GEARYS Silver fish nets to 20lb have been the best Gearys has had to offer this week with the high bank the most consistent area. A small ground bait feeder with maggot/pinkies or long pole with maggot has been the best approach for skimmers and roach. A few carp are coming to the bomb and bread fished out to the middle stumps.
LITTLE GEARYS Match weights to over 40lb caught in the week but generally the fishing has been more difficult than you would expect on Little Gearys. Pellet feeder to the island with punched bread or tiny pieces of meat has been the best tactic. Long pole with pellet or maggot has also been catching F1’s and skimmers. The best pegs have been 9 – 15, 21 and 25 -28.
GRATUITIES Pegs 1 – 4 and 14 – 16 have been the best areas with carp, crucians and skimmers being caught on pole and pinkies, maggot or caster. Waggler with bread punch has been accounting for a few carp fished up to the island as well.
WILLOW Long pole with pellet or maggot is catching plenty of skimmers with the odd F1’s and crucians. Waggler out to the middle island is working best for carp with fish mainly in the 2 – 4lb range along with F1’s fishing pellet or bread.
CRESCENT This small pool has been excellent in the cold weather with loads of skimmers, roach and rudd to be caught along with the odd carp or tench. Pole fished maggot or pellet has been providing lots of bites.
SATURDAY 7th FEBRUARY – OPEN – MOLANDS
Draw 9am, fish 10.30am to 3.30pm.
SUNDAY 8th FEBRUARY –MOLANDS
Draw 9am, fish 10.30am to 3.30pm
EVERY WEDNESDAY – OPEN – LITTLE GEARYS.
Draw 9am, fish 10.30am to 3.30pm.
SEASON TICKETS ARE NOW AVAILABLE WITH THE PRICE AT £170 FOR A FULL TICKET AND £150 FOR A CONCESSIONARY TICKET.
FISHERY OPENING TIMES
THE FISHERY CURRENTLY OPENS AT 7.30am AND CLOSES AT DUSK. WINTER PRICES ARE £6.00 FOR A FULL DAY TICKET AND £4.50 FOR A CONCESSION TICKET.
FISH SIX TIMES AND GET A TICKET FREE
TO FIND DETAILS OF MATCHES FOR THE MONTH (ON THE WEBSITE) PLEASE CLICK ON THE MONTH CONCERNED, ie FEBRUARY2015.
Contact the lodge on 01676 523833 for further details or check out our website on www.packingtonestate.net Also see us on Facebook (Packington Fisheries).