FISHING & MATCH REPORT – WEEK ENDING 31/3/13
MATCH RESULTSSTARLETS VETS
1. John Lowe (Tornadoes AC) 16 – 8 Peg 44 F1’s on Pole & Pellet
2. Alan Robinson (Packington) 14 – 2
3. Peter Green (Packington) 6 – 9
4. Brian Edwards (Packington Starlets) 5 -14
WEDNESDAY SOLIHULL ANGLING OPEN (MOLANDS)
1. Jamie Clarkson (Packington) 34 – 5 Peg 43 F1’s & Carp on Pole & Pellet
2. Eddie Keene (Covpac) 33 -12
3. John Adamson (Packington) 9 – 8
1. Tony Musticone (Alvechurch Fisheries) 14 – 1
2. John Stockton (Barford AA) 12 -14
3. Dave Smith (Fishing Lodge) 11 – 7
(GEARYS & LITTLE GEARYS)
1. Joe Roberts (Kamasan Startlets) 45 – 6 Peg 36 GEARYS Skimmers on Pole & Maggot
2. Pat Clarke (Lime Tree Social) 33 -11
3. Harvey Phillips (Packington) 29 – 6
4. Derek Hartshorn (Swann Baits) 29 – 0
1. John Burchell (Packington) 47 -12 Peg 36 Skimmers on Pole & Maggot
2. Steve White (Kobra Feeders) 31 -14
3. Derek Hartsahorn (Swann Baits) 31 – 0
4. Steve Edwards (Packington) 20 – 0
1. Roger Atkins (Solihull Angling Centre) 17 -14 Peg 42 F1’s on Pole & Maggot 2. Dave Duggan (Dams & Locks) 13 – 9
3. Gary Boddice (Packington) 12 – 14.
Craig O’Brien (Fast Feeders/P’ton) 10 – 7
MOLANDS With ice on Molands every morning the fishing has been hard through the past week. Pegs 43 – 48 have been the hot pegs with F1’s, tench and big roach coming to pole with maggot or pellet working best. Around the rest of the pool it has been patchy with skimmers, F1’s and roach providing the best action to waggler with pellet or maggot the best approach. The odd carp into double figures are coming to bomb and bread.
GEARYS Fished better this week than it has for a while with the skimmers from 12½oz – 3lb showing really well on most pegs. Pole with pellet or maggot fished over ground bait is the best tactic with a ground bait feeder also accounting for decent nets. Carp still not showing in numbers but corn fished under the overhanging bushes is the best tactic for fish to 5lb. Top pegs 1, 6 – 11, 17, 18 and 31 – 36.
LITTLE GEARYS Frozen most mornings but with the F1’s it usually means that anglers breaking the ice have found a few fish. Long pole and pellet is the best tactic but a small method or pellet feeder is catching when the ice disappears. Top pegs are 7 – 15, 21, 23, 27 – 30.
GRATUITIES Grats has been very hard this week with the carp shutting up shop meaning that anglers have had to fish for silvers to get bites. Pole with caster or maggot is working best for mixed nets of roach, skimmers, crucians and the odd tench. Best pegs 1 – 4 and 9 – 13.
WILLOW Bread punch or meat or a pellet feeder fished is the best tactic fishing tight up to the island. Carp to 8lb, F1’s and skimmers provided the best of the action. Skimmers also caught on pole and pellet at 5 – 7 metres. Top pegs 1 – 6.
ANNIVERSARIES The slightly deeper water at the top end on pegs 1 – 6 have been the best area with skimmers, roach, crucians and a few F1’s and tench coming to maggot or pellet on the pole.
SATURDAY 6th APRIL – OPEN – GRATUITIES/WILLOWDraw 9am, fish 10am to 3pm
SUNDAY 7th APRIL – OPEN – MOLANDSDraw 9am, fish 10am to 3pm.
EVERY WEDNESDAY – TONY’S OPEN – LITTLE GEARYSDraw 9am, fish 10.30 am to 3.30pm.
WEDNESDAY – SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE OPEN – MOLANDSDraw 1pm, fish 2pm to 7pm.
MATCH MATCH THIS QUALIFIER
The fishery will be holding a Qualifier for the Maver Match This competition which offers the largest prize in match fishing with a possible £100,000 1st prize. The Qualifier will be held on Saturday 13th April fishing Gearys, Little Gearys and Molands. Tickets are available via the ‘Maver Match This’ website.
THE FISHERY IS NOW OPEN AT 7am AND CLOSES AT DUSK (8.15pm).
SEASON TICKETS ARE NOW ON SALE AT £160.00 FOR A FULL TICKET AND £135.00 FOR A CONCESSIONARY TICKET.
Contact the lodge on 01676 523833 for further details or check out our website on www.packingtonestate.net