FISHING & MATCH REPORT – WEEK ENDING 25/8/13
( LITTLE GEARYS,GRATS & WILLOW)
1. Ray Quiney(Packington) 82 – 4 Peg 11 LITTLE GEARYS F1’s on Pole & Pellet
2 Brian Overton (Packington) 70 – 5
3. Bill Weale (Packington vets) 59-14
4. Derek Hartshorn (Swann baits) 55-9
TUESDAY EVENING OPEN
1. Danny Tresigne (Packington) 92-5 Peg 11 Carp on pellet waggler
2. Keith Wooding (Solihull Angling) 74-0
3. Lee Richards (Packington) 65-12
WEDNESDAY SOLIHULL ANGLING OPEN
1. Suzy Smith (Kobra Feeders) 72-4 Peg 8 F1’s & carp on pellet feeder
2. Danny Tresigne(Packington) 68-1
3. John Burchell (Packington) 58-0
4. Ian Keywood (Solihull Angling) 55-12
TONY’S WEDNESDAY OPEN
1. Tony Musticone (Alvechurch fisheries) 79-13 Peg 15 Pole & Pellet Shallow
2. John Stockton (Barford AA) 70- 8
3. John Adamson (Packington) 54-12
1. Colin Geens 70-13 Peg 20 Carp on Pellet Waggler
2. Ray Hassam 49-12
3. Pete Brown 39-0
(GEARYS & LITTLE GEARYS)
1. Ray Quiney (Packington) 75-11 F1s on Pole & Pellet Shallow 2. Eddie Keane (COVPAC) 66-14
3. Brian Overton (Packington 66-1
4. Derek Hartshorn (Swann Baits) 64-4
1. Ray Quiney (Packington) 82-4 Peg 11 F1’s on Pole & Pellet Shallow
2. Steve Porter (Maryuku) 79-13
3. Dave Elliot (Packington) 68-6 4. Suzy Smith (Kobra feeders) 57-11
1. Phil Ward 41-10 Peg 23 Carp on Pole & Pellet
2. Brian Horne 33-10
3. T Stringer 26-0
1. Neil Russell 78-11 Peg 31 Carp on method & pellet
2. Jason Shirley 68-11
3. Tony Rodgers 55-7
1. Lee Richards (Packington) 82-11 Peg 10 Carp & F1S )n pole & pellet
2. Duncan Newton (Smithys) 66-0
3. Dave Duggan (Dams & Locks) 55-6
4. Ray Quiney (Packington) 51-4
MOLANDS Good catches from most areas with F!s carp and skimmers showing well. Pole with expander pellet or banded hard pellet is working well fished down the 1st shelf for mixed nets.Shallow is also productive with pole and pellet on the long pole or pellet waggler fished across to the island.Best areas are pegs2,9-13,17-21,25 – 33, 37 – 48 and 52 – 58.
GEARYS A little more patchy than last week with the bulk of the carp following the wind and the pegs with a bit of ripple on them have been best.Pellet waggler or straight lead and pellet have been the top tactics with fish to 17lb caught on these.Late in the day or the latter part of matches has seen plenty being caught down the margins with paste or corn the top baits.Best pegs are 1,4,7-15,19-23,27 30-32 and 36
LITTLE GEARYS Very consistent at the moment with good nets of F1s,carp,skimmers and crucians being caught from most pegs.Shallow pole and pellet still winning most matches but pleasure anglers are enjoying plenty of action fishing down the inside with pellet,corn or meat Top pegs are 5, 7, 9 – 15, 21, 25 and 29
GRATUITIES The top tactic on grats is fish a pellet waggler as close to the island as possible feeding 8mm pellets for carp mainly in the 2-4lbs range with the odd bigger fish to double figures.Pole with pellet or paste is also catching crucians and skimmers with a few bonus tench or carp.Best pegs 1, 4, 6, 8 – 11 and 15.
ANNIVERSARIES Decent sport for most last week with F1s,Tench,Skimmers and crucians coming to floatfished pellet corn or caster.
WILLOW Willow is fishing well with good nets of carp, F1’s, tench and skimmers coming to the long pole and pellet. The pellet feeder fished tight up to the island is also producing good nets with the bigger carp and F1’s responding better to this tactic. Best pegs 1, 5, 6, 7 and 9.
SIBLINGS Late afternoon has been the best time on Siblings with corn or meat fished down the margins for carp to 16lb and tench to 6lb.The middle points have been the best area but any peg with a near bank feature is well worth trying.
SATURDAY 31th AUGUST – OPEN – GEARYS Draw 9am, fish 10am to 3pm.
SUNDAY 1st SEPTEMBER – OPEN – GRATS/GEARYSDraw 9am, fish 10am to 3pm.
EVERY WEDNESDAY – TONY’S OPEN – LITTLE GEARYSDraw 9am, fish 10.30 am to 3.30pm.
WEDNESDAY – SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE OPEN – MOLANDSDraw 1pm, fish 2pm to 7pm.
FROM JULY 1st, THE FISHERY WILL NOT BE SUPPLYING KEEPNETS FOR MATCHES. ANGLERS MUST PROVIDE THEIR OWN NETS. THERE WILL BE A 60lb MAXIMUM WEIGHT LIMIT AND NETS MUST BE LAID OUT BEHIND ANGLERS UNTIL 15 MINUTES BEFORE THE MATCH STARTS.
SEASON TICKETS ARE NOW ON SALE AT A REDUCED RATE.
FISH SIX TIMES AND GET A TICKET FREE.
THE FISHERY IS NOW OPEN AT 7am AND CLOSES AT DUSK.
Contact the lodge on 01676 523833 for further details or check out our website on www.packingtonestate.net