FISHING & MATCH REPORT – WEEK ENDING 25/3/12
STARLETS VETS (MOLANDS)
1. Dave Duggan (Dams & Locks) 54 – 2 Peg 45
Carp & F1’s on Feeder & Pellet
2. Norman Davies (Packington Vets) 42 – 5
3. Ray Quieny (Packington) 30 -10
4. Ron Robinson (NEC) 29 – 8
TONY’S WEDNESDAY OPEN (LITTLE GEARYS)
1. Steve White (Kobra Feeders) 39 -13 Peg 15
2. Susie Smith (Kobra Feeders) 37 -13
3. Tony Musticone (Alvechurch Fisheries) 33 – 8
SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE OPEN – (MOLANDS)
1. Lee Richards (Packington) 73 -12 Peg 44
F1’s on Pole & Pellet/Carp on Waggler & Pellet
2. Andy Wooding (Maver Solihull AC) 66 – 6
3. Craig O’Brien (Fast Feeders/P’ton) 48 – 8
PACKINGTON VETS (GEARYS & LITTLE GEARYS)
1. Ron Savage (Lanes Bait) 60 – 5 Peg 29 GEARYS
Carp on Pole & Paste
2. Chris Taylor (Coventry) 43 -12
3. Pete Turner (Packington Vets) 30 – 8
4. Eddie Keene (Covpac) 29 – 8
SATURDAY OPEN (GEARYS)
1. Lee Richards (Packington) 71 – 4 Peg 23
Carp to 8lb on Pole & Pellet
2. Mark Sumnes (Beaufort AC) 48 – 5
3. Andy Findley (Preston Innovations) 47 -14
ATTLEBOROUGH SPORTS (GEARYS)
1. Terry Phillips 51 – 2 Peg 29
Carp & Skimmers on Pole & Pellet
2. Gaz Harper 45 – 7
3. Baz Cane 35 -12
SUNDAY OPEN (MOLANDS)
1. Craig O’Brien (Fast Feeders/P’ton) 52 – 0 Peg 25
2. Lee Richards (Packington) 50 – 7
3. Steve White (Kobra Feeders) 43 -10
4. Andy Wooding (Maver Solihull AC) 40 -10
MOLANDS Molands is fishing well, particularly in the afternoons with the cool nights and warm days getting the fish moving later in the day. Carp are coming out in increasing numbers with fish to over 15lb weighed in during matches and they are coming to pellet waggler, straight lead and pellet or a pellet feeder with meat or pellet on the hook. It is advisable to fish tight up to the island for carp where as the F1’s and big skimmers are showing to a method or pellet feeder fished down the shelf away from the island. Tench to 6lb are coming out fished with corn or paste fished down the near edge The best pegs are 1 – 4, 12 – 17, 23 – 27, 42 – 47 and 56 – 60.
GEARYS The carp are showing well on the shallow water at the far end of the pool with pegs 21 – 29 producing nets to over 70lb. The fish are feeding better down the near margin with corn, pellet or paste working well for fish to double figures, The high bank has been producing nets of decent sized skimmers with pellet on the long pole best for catches to 40lb+.
LITTLE GEARYS A little harder this week with weights down a little, although fish are being caught all around the pool. The best tactic has been either a small method with red boilies, meat or pellet on the hook or shallow pole and caster/ pellet fished long at 12 – 14 metres. Best pegs are 7 – 15 and 24 – 29.
GRATUITIES A little patchy with tench and carp feeding well one day and not the next. The corner pegs on 1, 8, 9, 15 and 16 have been the most consistent with the pole fished paste, corn or pellet accounting for the better catches.
ANNIVERSARIES Pole fished pellet, maggot or caster fished over either micro pellet or ground bait is giving plenty of action with skimmers, small carp, crucians and tench in nets to 30lb+. Best pegs have been 1 – 9, 11, 15 and 21 – 23.
WILLOW Fishing the long pole or waggler with pellet or caster, bites will come all day with skimmers and crucians feeding well but bonus carp and tench are also coming to this. Some decent nets of carp to 8lb also coming by fishing paste or corn down the margin to a near bank feature. Best pegs are 1- 3, 5 and 10.
FIRST BAY/REEDY BAY These two small pools have been fishing really well lately with lots of carp and tench in the 1 – 2lb bracket coming out. Pole or float taking best with corn, pellet or small chunks of meat.
SATURDAY 31st MARCH – OPEN – MOLANDS
Draw 9am, fish 10am to 3pm.
SUNDAY 1st APRIL – OPEN – GEARYS
Draw 9am, fish 10am to 3pm.
EVERY WEDNESDAY – TONY’S OPEN – LITTLE GEARYS
Draw 9am, fish 10.30am to 3.30pm.
EVERY WEDNESDAY – SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE OPEN
Draw 1pm, fish 2pm to 7pm.
The Fishery now opens at 7am until 8pm.
Day ticket prices for spring and summer unchanged from last year.
Day tickets £7.50, Concessionary £5.50 and Morning/Afternoon tickets available.
Season permits are £155.00 Full and £130.00 Concessionary.
Contact the lodge on 01676 523833 for further details or check out our website on www.packingtonestate.net