Telephone: 01676 523833
FISHING & MATCH REPORT – WEEK ENDING 24/11/13
1. Dave Atkins (Ridgemere AC) 35 – 3 peg 10 LITTLE GEARYS F1’s on Feeder & Maggot
2 Dave Duggan (Dams & Locks) 25 -12
3. John Berry (Warwick) 22 – 6
4. Roger Atkins (Solihull Angling) 18 -14
1. Scott Smith (Smithys) 31 -12 Peg 27 Carp & F1’s on Feeder & Worm
2. Pete Heaven (Greyhound AC) 13 -10
3. Paul Mortimer (Smithys) 9 – 2
(GEARYS & LITTLE GEARYS)
1. Billy Hawkes (Packington) 26 -10 Peg 18 GEARYS Carp & Skimmers on Feeder & Dead Reds
2. Norman Davies (Packington) 16 -10
3. Derek Hartshorn (Swann Baits) 16 – 9
4. John Smith (Packington) 14 – 3
1. Ron Savage (Lanes Bait) 35 – 7 Peg 10 F1’s on Pole & Maggot
2. Jamie Clarkson (Packington) 15 -11
3. Pete Hughes (Arden Fishing) 11 – 9
SHAKESPEARE WINTER LEAGUE – ROUND 3
1. Chris Newton (Smithys) 30 -12 Peg 27 MOLANDS Carp on Waggler & Maggot
2. James Evans (Solihull Angling) 26 – 2
3. John Burchell (Packington) 19 – 7
4. Scott Smith (Smithys) 15 -12
1. Andy Findlay (Preston Innovations) 7 Points
2. Chris Newton (Smithys) 8 Points
3. Duncan Clarke (Solihull Angling) 9 Points
MOLANDS The very cold nights and high pressure has made the colour drop out and the fishing has subsequently been very hard and patchy. The Scarecrow Point and pegs in the 50’s have been the best area with F1’s, skimmers and the odd carp are showing to either a feeder with maggot fished down the far shelf or long pole with red/brown maggot fished over casters.
GEARYS The high bank has been the best area with plenty of skimmers and roach showing to the caster or maggot fished on the pole. A few carp are being caught with the bomb and bread accounting for fish into double figures with pegs 18, 31, 32 and 36 the better pegs for them.
LITTLE GEARYS Very patchy this week, the middle of each straights the best areas with pegs 9 – 13 and 25 – 29 the best at the moment. A small pellet or open end feeder with maggot or punched bread is catching F1’s and the odd carp alternatively the long pole with caster or maggot is also working for nets to 30lb.
GRATUITIES Much harder this week with the clear water, making it very difficult. The better catches have come to long pole with caster or small expanders for skimmers, crucians and the odd carp and tench. Best pegs 1, 4, 9, 11 and 15.
WILLOW Pegs 5 and 6 have still been the top pegs on Willow with a small pellet feeder fished to the island accounting for carp to 5lb and F1’s to 2lb. A few carp are still being caught down the inside with corn or dead maggot fished up to a near side bank.
ANNIVERSARIES The big bay at the top of the pool on pegs 1 – 6 has been the most consistent area, particularly on pegs 1 and 2 for the better stamp of carp, F1’s and skimmers. Corn, punched bread or maggot have been the top baits.
SATURDAY 30th NOVEMBER – OPEN – MOLANDS Draw 9am, fish 10am to 3pm.
SUNDAY 1st DECEMBER – SILVER FISH LEAGUE – MOLANDS EVERY WEDNESDAY – TONY’S OPEN – LITTLE GEARYSDraw 9am, fish 10.30am to 3.30pm.
KEEPNETSFROM JULY 1st, THE FISHERY WILL NOT BE SUPPLYING KEEPNETS FOR MATCHES. ANGLERS MUST PROVIDE THEIR OWN NETS. THERE WILL BE A 60lb MAXIMUM WEIGHT LIMIT AND NETS MUST BE LAID OUT BEHIND ANGLERS UNTIL 15 MINUTES BEFORE THE MATCH STARTS.
FISH SIX TIMES AND GET A TICKET FREE.
THE FISHERY IS NOW OPEN AT 7.30am AND CLOSES AT 5pm.
FROM NOVEMBER 1st – FEBRUARY 28th 2014 –
DAY TICKET PRICES WILL BE £6.00 AND £4.50 CONCESSION.
Contact the lodge on 01676 523833 for further details or check out our website on www.packingtonestate.net