1. Dean Weston (Greyhound) 63 -10 Peg 10 SIBLINGS B
F1s & carp on pole & maggot
2. Dave Longford (Ridgemere Blacks) 53 -10
3. Gary Lakin (Packington) 51 -12
4. Mark Sumners (Packington 51 – 5
SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE OPEN
1. Mark Robinson (Packington) 101 – 9 Peg 60 MOLANDS
Carp & F1s on pole & pellet
2. Ian Keywood (Solihull Angling) 70 – 5
3. Roy Beesley (Packington) 64 -10
PACKINGTON VETS (MOLANDS/WILLOW)
1. Mark Sumners (Packington) 92 – 9 Peg 31 MOLANDS
Carp & F1s on waggler and pellet
2. Derek Hartshorn (Swann Baits) 53 -12
3. Ray Durant (Ridgemere AC) 49 – 3
4. Keith Winn (Lanes Bait) 45 -15
SATURDAY OPEN (GEARYS)
1. Derek Hartshorn (Swann Baits) 31 – 8 Peg 10
Carp & skimmers on Bomb & pellet
2. Jamie Galloway (Coventry) 30 – 1
3. John Adamson (Packington) 29 – 4
4. Ron Taylor (Packington) 26 -15
SAC SILVERS LEAGUE
1. Will McCranor (GURU) 11 – 1 Peg 7
Skimmers on pole & pinkies
2. Ian Lines (Packington) 9 – 0
3. Roy Beasley (Packington) 8 -13
4. Paul Mortimer (Smithys) 7 – 1
SUNDAY OPEN (SIBLINGS A & B)
1. Rob Hodgson (Packington) 44 – 9 Peg 10
F1s & carp on pole & pellet
2. Steve Daley (Ridgemere AC) 41 – 6
3. Pete Murray (Packington) 30 – 4
4. Keith Winn (Lanes Bait) 28 – 4
MOLANDS Fished well in the milder conditions at the start of the week with nets to over 100lb recorded in matches. The colder weekend saw sport drop but Molands was still producing nets to 60lb. Pole fished expander pellet, banded hard pellet or maggots accounted for the better nets with bomb and pellet or bread and method feeder also working. Carp anglers caught fish to 20lb fishing pop up boilies across to the island.
GEARYS As with all of the pools it was fishing well on Gearys until the weekend when the frost put paid to the bigger catches. In the matches, nets to over 70lb were caught with bomb and pellet or long pole with hard pellet the top tactics. The carp anglers found ‘spodding’ back out to the middle stumps and fishing boilies over the top worked best for fish to 20lb.
LITTLE GEARYS Fished a little harder this week with nets to 60lb best mainly made up with F1s and the odd decent carp. A small method feeder to the island or long pole with maggot or banded hard pellets has been the best approach. Pegs 7 – 15 and 21 – 29 have been the most consistent areas.
GRATUITIES Catches to 60lb were caught this week with carp, F1s and silver fish coming to expander pellet, caster or maggot on the pole or a small feeder to the island with pellet or wafter on the hook. Pegs 1, 8, 9 and 15 have been the top pegs.
ANNIVERSARIES Steady on Annies this week with the F1s and small carp showing on most pegs in nets to 50lb. Fishing up to the features on some pegs with pellet or maggot but on the wider pegs bomb or waggler with pellet and method feeder have been the best option.
SIBLINGS A Went a little patchy through the week but nets to over 60lb were being caught., mainly F1s and the odd bigger carp. Pole fished maggot over ground bait or banded hard pellet fished across to the island and along the rear bank margins have been the best tactics.
SIBLINGS B The better pegs have been from 9 – 17 with nets to 65lb+ coming from this area. Long pole with maggot, caster or pellet, generally fished on the deck but they have been fishing long shallow during the middle spells.
WILLOW Pegs 1 – 6 have been the form pegs with F1s and carp to 6lb showing well to waggler or feeder fished to the island or long ple with maggot or pellet.
FORTHCOMING OPEN MATCHES
SATURDAY 4th MARCH – OPEN – GEARYS
Draw 9am, fishing 10.30am – 3.30pm
SUNDAY 5th MARCH – WINTER LEAGUE
EVERY WEDNESDAY – SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE OPEN – MOLANDS
DRAW 10.30am, fish 12pm – 5pm
SUMMER OPENING HOURS WILL BEGIN FROM:
WEDNESDAY 1st MARCH – THE FISHERY WILL BE OPEN AT 7am AND CLOSE AT DUSK (6.30PM AT THE MOMENT)
SUMMER PRICES ARE: £10.50 ADULT
£ 8.50 OAP/JUNIOR
£ 2.00 EXTRA FOR TWO RODS
PART DAY TICKETS AVAILABLE
Contact the lodge on 01676 523833 for further details or check out our website on
packingtonestate.co.uk Also see us on Facebook (Packington Fisheries).