STARLETS VETS (LITTLE GEARYS/MOLANDS)
1. Dave Watson (Packington) 73 – 14 Peg 23 MOLANDS
F1s, carp and bream on pole & maggot
2. Dave Crozier(Packington) 70 – 9
3. Mick Martin (Attleborough) 60 – 0
4. Kevin Perry (Millpool AC) 47 -13
SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE OPEN
1. Jon newton (Smithys AC) 91 -1 Peg 29 LITTLE GEARYS
F1s on pole & maggot
2. Martin Wood (SAC) 40 -12
3. John Burchell (Packington) 39 -12
4. Roy Beasley (Packington) 36 – 9
PACKINGTON VETS (SIBLINGS/ANNIES)
1. Pete Barley (Packington) 73 -14 Peg 19 SIBLINGS A
Carp & F1s on pole & maggot
2. Steve Stokes (Packington) 48 – 12
3. Mark Sumners (Ridgemere) 37 – 8
4. John Batey (Packington) 36 – 15
SATURDAY OPEN – LITTLE GEARYS
1. Ian Keywood (SAC) 63 – 3 Peg 13
Carp & F1s on bomb/bread
2. Alan Hill (Ridgemere AC) 45 – 2
3. Keith Winn (Lanes Bait) 41 – 7
4. Luke Froggatt (Packington) 31 -10
MAVER UK WINTER LEAGUE – ROUND 8
1. Wayne Weatherstone (Packington) 84 – 3 Peg 7 LITTLE GEARYS
Carp and F1s on pole & bread
2. Jack Shirley (Maver Elite) 78 -13
3. Nick Jukes (SmIthys) 62 – 8
4. Luke Newton (Smithys) 62 – 3
5.Ryan Burgwin (Packington) 60 – 7
6.Andy Christie (Packington) 59 – 9
MAVER UK WINTER LEAGUE STANDINGS
1. Jack Shirley (Maver Elite) 22 points 470 -11
2. Phil Canning (Nufish) 23 points 416 -10
3. John Burchell (Packington) 23 points 247 – 14
4. Dave Childs (Packington) 26 points 147 -14
5. Lee Richards (Packington) 31 points 248 -10
MOLANDS The milder weather saw a big improvement in catches with match weights to over 70lb and good backup nets from all around the pool. Carp to 18lb ,F1s to 8lb and bream to 5lb all featured in catches. The top tactics have been bomb with bread or pellet, waggler with pellet and long pole with pellet or maggot fished over groundbait.
GEARYS Much better this week with carp to 17lb featuring in nets to 60lb with Method feeder or bomb and bread/pellet to the middle stumps in matches working best. Silver matches have seen nets of skimmers and roach to over 30lb with pole fished maggot or caster best.
LITTLE GEARYS Fished well at times as F1s and carp featured in catches to over 80lb. Pole fished maggot,bread or pellet ,maggot feeder and bomb with pellet or bread have been the top tactics. Pegs 3-13 or 27-30 have been the form pegs
GRATUITIES The carp have started to have a go with bomb or pole with bread or small pellet/method feeder working best. There have been nice nets of silvers with some quality roach and skimmers coming to maggot or pinkies on the pole.
ANNIVERSARIES The open water in the middle of the pool has been the best area with pegs 6, 16 – 19 and 23 all producing F1s and small carp to bomb/waggler with pellet or wafter. There have been plenty of silvers coming to pole and maggot as well on the other areas.
SIBLINGS A Fishing a lot better albeit a little patchy with nets to over 70lb this week . Dobbing bread or pellet along the far bank is working well with maggot or pellet fished down middle also producing good nets of f1s and carp
SIBLINGS B Fishing much more consistent with nets to over 50lb coming to pole fished pellet or maggot and dobbing bread across to the far bank.
WILLOW Pegs 3-7 have been the form pegs where carp and f1s are showing best on pole fished maggot,corn and pellet. Waggler and pellet/bread to the island is also worth a go.
FISHERY OPENS AT 7.30am until 5pm.
DAY TICKETS £8.00/CONCESSIONARY TICKETS £7.00.
(£1 extra for 2 rods)
SATURDAY11th FEBRUARY – OPEN – SILVERS – CRESCENT/GRATS
Draw 9am, fish 10.30am to 3.30pm
SUNDAY 12th FEBRUARY – OPEN- LTTLE GEARYS
Draw 9am fish 10.30am to 3.30pm
EVERY WEDNESDAY – SAC OPEN – ROVER
Draw 9.30 fish 10.45am to 3.45pm
Season Tickets are now on sale £195 full and £175 concessionary great value for 13 pools and 1.5 miles of the river Blythe
Contact the lodge on 01676 523833 for further details or check out our website on
packingtonestate.co.uk Also see us on Facebook (Packington Fisheries).