STARLETS VETS (MOLANDS/LITTLE GEARYS/WILLOW)
1. Keith Deaner (Smithys) 37 -12 Peg 15 LITTLE GEARYS
F1s on Maggot Feeder
2. Mick Cotton (Packington) 34 – 0
3. Phil Barran (Packington) 28 – 5
4. Bob Hastings (Ridgemere AC) 25 – 4
SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE (MOLANDS)
1. Ian Keywood (Solihull Angling) 36 – 2 Peg 46
F1s on Maggot Feeder
2. Nick Jukes (Smithys) 34 -13
3. Pete Brown (Maypole AC) 33 -12
4. Phil Hull (Tusses Tackle) 24 -13
PACKINGTON VETS (MOLANDS/SIBLINGS A & B)
1. Billy Hawkes (Lucas) 54 – 9 Peg 12 MOLANDS
Carp & F1s on Maggot Feeder
2. Dave Wood (Lanes Bait) 45 – 9
3. Pat Clark (Lime Tree) 40 – 8
4. Alan Dolby (Lanes Bait) 38 -13
SATURDAY OPEN (LITTLE GEARYS)
1. Shane Whittaker (Bagem/Middy) 125 – 5 Peg 19
F1s on Pole & Maggot
2. Shawn Little (Matrix) 66 -11
3. Steve Allen (Tornadoes) 62 -10
4. Andy Thompson (Packington) 52 -11
SOLIHULL SILVERS LEAGUE (GEARYS)
1. Graham Beckwith (Packington) 15 -10 Peg 13
Skimmers on Pole & Maggot
2. Ian Shirley (Warwick) 15 – 8
3. Dave Smith (Packington) 15 – 5
4. Kevin Folwell (Drennan) 12 – 8
SUNDAY OPEN (MOLANDS)
1. Lee Richards (Packington) 63 – 1 Peg 46
F1s on Pole & Pellet
2. John BurchelL (Packington) 60 – 0
3. Charlie Merrett (Lanes Bait) 56 -12
4. Duncan Clarke (Solihull Angling) 47 – 0
MOLANDS The fishing improved as the week went on with plenty of good sized F1s and carp being caught. Maggot feeder has been the top tactic but they are switching to pellet now with pellet feeder or long pole and pellet starting to go well. The best areas have been pegs 2,
10 – 15, 25 – 29, 43 – 48 and 54 – 60.
GEARYS Starting to fish much better with the carp showing well at the top end with pegs
21 – 30 pushing nets to 50lb of mainly small stock fish but fish to double figures have also been caught.
LITTLE GEARYS From being frozen at the start of the week to warmer conditions at the end has seen Little Gearys show great form with the first 100lb+ catch of the year being caught at the weekend. F1s from 1½lb – 3lb have been caught with short pole with maggot the top tactic but maggot feeder or pellet feeder is also starting to work well.
GRATUTIES The carp were moving well by the weekend and they were being caught on pellet waggler or waggler with punched bread and fish to 8lb featuring in nets to around 50lb. There are plenty of silver fish having a go on the long pole with maggot, caster or expander pellet.
SIBLINGS A Siblings A has really taken off after the cold weather with lots of F1s, small carp, ide and skimmers being caught. Long pole with maggot fished over micros has been the top tactic but caster and soft pellet are also working well.
SIBLINGS B Good consistent sport being had on ‘B’ with lots of F1s showing on most pegs along with a few carp and ide. Pellet or maggot fished on the pole, either short at 4 – 5 metres or long at 13 metres to the far bank have been working best.
ANNIVERSARIES The open water pegs on 2 – 6 and 17 – 23 has been best with lots of F1s in the 1 – 2lb range being caught along with the new stock carp. Catches by pleasure anglers have been around 50lb with maggot, pellet feeder or long pole and maggot the best options at the moment.
SATURDAY 17th MARCH – OPEN MATCH – GEARYS
SUNDAY 18th MARCH – OPEN MATCH – MOLANDS
EVERY WEDNESDAY – SOLIHULL ANGLING OPEN
THE DRAW WILL BE AT 11am, FISH 12.30pm to 5.30pm
SEASON TICKETS ARE NOW AVAILABLE FROM THE LODGE.
FULL TICKETS ARE £180.00 AND CONCESSIONARY TICKETS ARE £160.00.
DAY TICKET OFFER
TO CLAIM A 50% DISCOUNT OFF A DAY TICKET PLEASE EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org FOR A VOUCHER.
OPENING AND CLOSING
THE FISHERY NOW OPENS AT 7am AND CLOSES AT 6.30pm/DUSK.
FISH SIX TIMES AND GET A TICKET FREE.
MATCH BOOKINGS ARE NOW BEING TAKEN FOR 2019.
Contact the lodge on 01676 523833 for further details or check out our website on
packingtonestate.co.uk Also see us on Facebook (Packington Fisheries).