STARLETS VETS (LITTLE GEARYS)
1. Bob Calcott (Lanes Bait) 120 – 4 Peg 7 LITTLE GEARYS
F1s on Pole & Paste
2. Steve Stokes (Packington) 101 -12
3. Kevin Folwell (Drennan) 78 -13
4. Mick Martin (Attleborough) 66 -14
SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE WEDNESDAY OPEN
1. John Burchell (Packington) 97 – 4 Peg 43
F1s on Pole & Pellet
2. Jon Newton (Smithys) 85 – 6
3. Baz Hilton (Elephant & Castle) 81 -12
4. Martin Wood (Solihull Angling) 53 -12
PACKINGTON VETS (MOLANDS/GRATUITIES)
1. Ron Savage (Lanes Bait) 63 -10 Peg 29 MOLANDS
Carp & F1s on Bomb & Pellet
2. Billy Hawkes (Lucas) 51 – 4
3. Allan Dolby (Lanes Bait) 49 -15
4. Pat Clark (Packington) 45 – 5
SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE – 2 DAYER – (GEARYS)
1. Jon Newton (Smithys) 120 – 0 Peg 19
Carp on Pole & Worm
2. Roy Beasley (Packington) 109 -13
3. John Burchell (Packington) 101 -10
1. Lee Richards (Packington) 143 -10 Peg 31
Carp on Polke & Pellet
2. Ian Keywood (Solihull Angling) 108 -10
3. Carl Barnfield (Packington) 107 -15
1. Jon Newton (Smithys) 225 -10
2. Lee Richards (Packington) 217 – 5
3. Dave Elliott (Packington) 168 – 9
4. Ian Keywood (Solihull Angling) 168 – 0
SATURDAY OPEN (GEARYS)
1. Baz Byrd (Casemore Baits) 163 – 4 Peg 21
Carp on Pole & Pellet
2. Steve Bellion (Team Milo) 115 -14
3. Phil Canning (Spotted Fin) 93 – 3
4. Dave Elliott (Packington) 76 -11
RIDGEMERE BLACKS (MOLANDS)
1. Dave Longford 29 -10 Peg 2
Carp on Pellet Feeder
2. Darren 27 – 5
3. A N Other 24 -13
MIDLAND SOCIAL (GEARYS)
1. B Horne 69 -11 Peg 16
Carp on Bomb & Pellet
2. M Liggins 52 -10
3. K Mason 20 – 8
4. P Bolton 15 – 5
BROOKVALE AC (SIBLINGS)
1. Jez 104 -13 Peg 7 SIBLINGS B
F1s on Pole & Pellet
2. Colin 67 – 8
3. Alan Harvey 66 – 3
4. Anthony Gould 60 – 6
SUNDAY OPEN (MOLANDS)
1. Derek Hartshorn (Swann Baits) 91 – 4 Peg 56
F1s on Shallow Pole & Pellet
2. Jon Newton (Smithys) 70 – 8
3. Nick Jukes (Smithys) 65 -10
4. Pete Murray (Packington) 49 -11
MOLANDS A much better week with match weights to and around 100lb and fish feeding more freely around the pool included carp to 20lb, F1s to 7lb, tench to 5lb and plenty of silver fish showing too. The carp are coming to bomb and pellet or boilies fished across to the island or down the margins on meat or worm. The F1s have started to come shallow again with caster or pellet on the jigger or a normal shallow rig at 14 .5 metres.
GEARYS In decent form this week with plenty of catches in excess of 100lb and top weights of 163lb in matches along with a few pleasure anglers early in the week reporting even bigger nets. The bigger carp are showing well with plenty of doubles being caught and fish to 23lb were weighed in during matches this week. Bomb and pellet, method feeder or down the margins feeding maggot and fishing a big worm over the top have been the top tactics. Best areas have been from pegs 9 to 21.
LITTLE GEARYS Good consistent sport for most of the week on Little Gearys and nets to around 120lb have been caught in matches. Paste fished short on the pole has been the top tactic but shallow caster or pellet and a small method feeder to the island have also worked well.
ANNIVERSARIES Some nice carp being caught from the pool at the top tend with fish to 17lb reported this week and boilies fished to any far bank or island has been working best. There have been lots of F1s being caught on the jigger fishing shallow with pellet or caster or on the deck feeding micros and fishing a banded pellet on the top.
GRATUTIES Pleasure anglers have caught carp to 18lb with lots of smaller samples from
2 – 5lb showing and method feeder to the island or waggler with pellet or corn have accounted for the better nets of carp. Good mixed catches are coming to caster or maggot fished shallow or on the deck.
WILLOW Really good sport this week with lots of carp from 4 – 15lb and big F1s being caught. Banded 6mm pellet fished at five metres is working well along with pellet feeder or waggler to the island.
SIBLINGS A Like all of the pools there has been an improvement in sport and Siblings A has produced some nice nets of carp and F1s this week. Shallow fishing down the middle with caster, maggot or pellet, fishing down the margins with corn or micros and dobbing pellet or corn to the island have all worked well with pegs 1 – 7 in the most consistent form.
SIBLINGS B In great form with loads of F1s being caught on pellet shallow on the jigger fished in slop. Paste down then middle is also working really well and nets to over 100lb have been caught this week.
EVERY WEDNESDAY – SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE – MOLANDS
DRAW 1pm, FISH 2.30pm to 7.30pm.
SATURDAY 29th AUGUST – OPEN – MOLANDS
DRAW 9am, fish 10.30am to 4pm.
SUNDAY 30th AUGUST – OPEN – SIBLINGS
DRAW 9am, fish 10.30am to 4pm.
BH MONDAY 31st AUGUST – OPEN – GEARYS
DRAW 9am, fish 10.30am to 4pm
PLEASE NOTE: ANGLERS MUST PHONE TO BOOK IN AT THE LODGE 24 HOURS
BEFORE MATCH. WE EXPECT ALL VISITORS TO ADHERE TO THE
SOCIAL DISTANCING PROCEDURE IN PLACE.
THE FISHERY OPENS AT 7am AND CLOSES AT 9pm.
DAY TICKETS £9.50 AND CONCESSION £7.50 WITH OTHER PART DAY TICKETS AVAILABLE.
PLEASE DO NOT VISIT THE FISHERY IF SHOWING ANY SYMPTONS OF CORONAVIRUS
Contact the lodge on 01676 523833 for further details or check out our website on
packingtonestate.co.uk Also see us on Facebook (Packington Fisheries).