STARLETS VETS (MOLANDS/LITTLE GEARYS)
1. Paul Wakerley (Packington) 56 – 4 Peg 12 MOLANDS
Carp & F1s on Maggot Feeder
2. Allan Dolby (Lanes Bait) 54 -10
3. Allan Ellison (Attleborough) 43 – 2
SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE OPEN
1. Dan Wooding (Solihull Angling) 148 – 2 Peg 41
F1s on Pole & Caster
2. Jake Newton (Smithys) 72 -10
3. Duncan Clarke (Solihull Angling) 47 – 4
4. Martin Wood (Solihull Angling) 20 – 8
PACKINGTON VETS (LITTLE GEARYS/SIBLINGS)
1. Steve Stokes (Packington) 63 – 7 Peg 9 SIBLINGS B
F1s on Pole & Paste
2. Dave Hipkiss (Ridgemere) 54 -10
3. Keith Guest (Packington) 47 – 6
SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE SILVERS 2 DAYS
1. Darren Coates (Smithys) 36 – 0 Peg 19
Skimmers on Pole & Maggot/Caster
2. Andrew Wheldon (Solihull Angling) 29 – 8
3. Keith Webb (Packington) 28 – 4
1. Daz Coates (Smithys) 27 – 9 Peg 17
Skimmers on Pole & Caster
2. Martin Wood (Solihull Angling) 24 -10
3. Dave Smith (Solihull Angling) 24 – 8
SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE OVERALL RESULTS
1. Daz Coates (Smithys) 63 – 9 2 Points
2. Dave Smith (Solihull Angling) 45 – 0 2 Points
3. Dean Weston (Greyhound AC) 28 -10 2 Points
4. Martin Wood (Solihull Angling) 36 -15 3 Points
SATURDAY OPEN (MOLANDS)
1. Jack Shirley (Solihull Angling) 98 – 6 Peg 13
F1s on Pole and Maggot
2. Mark Sumners (Ridgemere AC) 89 -10
3. Paul Hastings (Ridgemere AC) 55 – 7
PTI (SIBLINGS A)
1. D Childs 108 – 8 Peg 7
Carp & F1s on Pole & Pellet
2. Ash 85 -12
3. Dave Hipkiss 76 -12
SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE SILVERS LEAGUE
1. Kevin Haynes (Solihull Angling) 16 – 5 Peg 54
Roach, Skimmers & Perch on Pole & Maggot/Pinkies
2. Ian Crossman (Browning Central) 15 -14
3. David Smith (Solihull Angling) 15 – 0
4. Mick Wheatley (Drennan) 15 – 0
SUNDAY OPEN (SIBLINGS A & B)
1. Lee Davis (Ridgemere AC) 87 -10 Peg 15 SIBLINGS B
F1s on Pole and Maggot
2. Steve Daley (Ridgemere AC) 65 – 8
3. Paul Terry (Ridgemere AC) 54 – 7
4. Alan Ainsworth (Ridgemere AC) 52 -14
MOLANDS The warmer weather towards the end of the week saw the fishing improve with nets to over 140lb caught this week although it has been a little patchy on there. The bigger F1s are making up the better catches with fish to 7lb coming to short pole or caster. Carp to 20lb were reported by carp anglers fishing boilies across to the island and even a few were taken off the top on dog biscuit or bread. The Silvers League match on Sunday saw huge numbers of small skimmers and roach caught along with some cracking perch to 1½lb with maggot or pinkies fished close in working best.
GEARYS Fished ok this week with pleasure anglers reporting nets to 100lb with bomb and pellet, method feeder and pole fished hard pellet or corn down the margins or at 13 metres, all catching. Carp to over 20lb have been caught and there have been lots of doubles showing. The best areas have been the high bank from pegs 7 – 15 and also on 17 – 21. The silver matches have started again and nets of skimmers and roach to over 30lb were caught on ground bait and caster/maggot.
LITTLE GEARYS Consistent sport this week with nets to around 80lb best but made up of mainly F1s in the 2 – 3lb range so plenty of bites. A few carp to 15lb have also featured in catches. Long pole with pellet fished shallow or on the deck, maggot fished short and down the margins or a small method feeder to the island have all worked well. The far side from pegs
7 – 15 has been the better area.
GRATUITIES Surface fishing has been good on Gratuities this week with carp to double figures being caught on bread, oily floaters or dog biscuits. Waggler with pellet or corn to the island is also working for carp and maggot, caster and worm are catching plenty of silver fish.
ANNIVERSARIES There have been plenty of F1s showing around the pool with maggot, expander pellet and caster all working well. The bigger carp with fish into double figure are coming from the top end pegs 1 – 6 and 21 – 23 with corn fished over micros up to the features or island.
WILLOW Carp to 15lb, F1s to 5lb, tench to 4lb and plenty of skimmers, roach and even a few chubb have been caught on Willow this week. The carp are coming to feeder or wafter to the island and mixed catches were coming to maggot or pellet fished on the pole long or down the margins.
SIBLINGS A Very much up and down but on the good days, it has been fishing really well with carp to 10lb showing in numbers and F1s to 5lb in nets to over 100lb. Corn or pellet dobbed across to the island or down the margins with corn, worm or dead maggot has been the best approach.
SIBLINGS B Probably the most consistent pool at the moment with F1s from 1 – 4lb showing on all pegs in nets to over 80lb. Maggot or pellet fished across to the reed beds or the far bank or fished short at around 5 metres has been the best way of fishing.
FORTHCOMING OPEN MATCHES
WEDNESDAY – SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE OPEN – MOLANDS
Draw 12pm, fish 1.15pm to 6.15pm.
SATURDAY 16th OCTOBER– OPEN – GEARYS
SUNDAY 17th OCTOBER – OPEN – SIBLINGS A & B
PLEASE BE AWARE THE FISHERY WILL BE HOSTING THE SPOOKY SWAMP HALLOWEEN SPECTACULER FROM October 22nd UNTIL OCTOBER 31st. PREPARATIONS WILL BE ON THE WAY FROM THURSDAY 15th OCTOBER AND SOME DISRUPTION TO THE NORMAL RUNNING OF THE FISHERY MAY BE EXPERIENCED. PLEASE ACCEPT OUR APOLOGIES IN ADVANCE FOR THIS. DURING THE EVENT THE FISHING WILL BE OPEN FROM 7am UNTIL 3pm.
FACE MASKS ARE NOT MANDATORY BUT WE DO ASK ANYONE ENTERING THE LODGE TO WEAR ONE TO PROTECT OUR STAFF AND OTHER CUSTOMERS.
FROM MARCH 1st TICKET PRICES WILL BE £10 FOR A FULL DAY TICKET AND
£8.00 FOR A CONCESSIONARY TICKET.
GATES OPEN AT 7am, CLOSES AT 7pm.
Contact the lodge on 01676 523833 for further details or check out our website on
packingtonestate.co.uk Also see us on Facebook (Packington Fisheries).