STARLETS VETS CADENCE FISHING UK WINTER LEAGUE
1. John Smith (Packington) 44 -11 Peg 44 MOLANDS
Carp & F1s on Maggot Feeder
2. Kevin Edwards (Packington) 41 – 7
3. Steve Stokes (Packington) 40 – 7
4. Dave Longford (Ridgemere Blacks) 36 -12
SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE OPEN – ROVER
1. Jon Newton (Smithys) 92 – 4 Peg 5 WILLOW
Carp & F1s on Pole & Pellet
2. Ian Keywood (Solihull Angling) 81 -10
3. Lee Richards (Packington) 54 – 0
4. John Burchell (Packington) 45 – 4
PACKINGTON VETS (LITTLE GEARYS/ANNIVERSARIES)
1. Kevin Folwell (Drennan) 29 – 8 Peg 9 LITTLE GEARYS
2. John Lowe (Tornadoes) 29 – 2
3. Ron Savage (Lanes Bait) 28 – 3
4. Dave Atkins (Packington) 22 -11
RIDGEMERE BLACKS (MOLANDS)
1. Dave Longford 37 -14 Peg 25
F1s on Maggot Feeder
2. Darren Davies 16 -10
3. Darren Mills 12 – 9
SATURDAY OPEN – ROVER
1. Lee Richards (Packington) 89 – 4 Peg 46 MOLANDS
F1s on Pole & Maggot
2. Neville Groves (Fosters) 74 – 9
3. Jon Newton (Smithys) 44 -12
4. Mark Jacques (Tackleshack) 44 – 7
SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE CHRISTMAS MATCH
1. John Burchell (Packington) 56 – 8 Peg 45
F1s on Pole & Maggot
2. James Evans (Solihull Angling) 51 – 2
2. Shane Whittaker (Middy/Bagem Baits) 51 – 2
4. Lee Heaven (Greyhound AC) 49 -10
5. Chris Hill (Icebreakers) 47 -11
6. Lee Richards (Packington) 42 – 0
MOLANDS Scarecrow Point from pegs 41 – 48 has been the best area with nets to 90lb coming from that area with big F1s feeding along with a few carp to 15lb. Maggot feeder fished across to the far side, waggler and pellet and pole with maggot have all accounted for decent catches this week.
GEARYS Although nets to 80lb have been caught, Gearys has been very tough this week with the fish shoaling tight in some areas. Bomb with pellet or bread has worked best for carp to double figures and nets of skimmers to 2lb have been caught on banded pellet or maggot over ground bait.
LITTLE GEARYS The inform pegs have been on both straights with 7 – 13 and 25 – 29 the pick of the pegs. F1s to 4lb have made up the better catches with maggot feeder, pole with maggot/pellet and dobbing bread around the pegs all producing.
ANNIVERSARIES Fish are being caught all around the pool and catches of F1s to 50lb were caught last week. Pellet/maggot feeder fished into the upper water or pole fished maggot over expander pellet have worked best.
GRATUITIES A bit tougher this week with the fish shoaling tight around pegs 8 – 10 and anglers fishing into the shoal have caught a few carp on bread, either on the long pole or waggler. Nets of silver fish up to and around15lb have been caught on pole and maggot or caster.
SIBLINGS A The best pegs have been 1 – 5 and 17 – 21 with carp, F1s and ide showing well on these pegs in catches to around 40lb. Pole fished bread dobbed along the island and expander pellet down the middle have been the best tactics.
SIBLINGS B A little better this week with catches to 50lb and F1s showing on most pegs. Pole fished maggot/caster/pellet fished at around 13 metres has been best but feeding maggots by hand at five metres has also worked well.
WILLOW The inform pool at the moment with nets to over 90lb caught this week. Long pole with banded pellet has been catching F1s to 5lb. Bread fished across to the island, either on the pole or waggler has accounted for the better carp and fish to double figures featured this week.
FORTHCOMING OPEN MATCHES
EVERY WEDNESDAY – SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE OPEN – ROVER MATCH ON ALL POOLS.
Draw 9.30am, fish 10.45am to 3.45pm.
SATURDAY 18th JANUARY – OPEN – ROVER ON ALL POOLS.
Draw 9am, fish 10.30am to 3.30pm.
SUNDAY 19th JANUARY – WINTER LEAGUE –
OPENING AND CLOSING
FROM MONDAY 28th OCTOBER THE FISHERY WILL OPEN AT 7.30am AND
CLOSE AT 5pm. WINTER PRICES ARE £6.00 FULL AND £5.00 CONCESSIONARY.
FISH SIX TIMES AND GET A TICKET FREE.
Contact the lodge on 01676 523833 for further details or check out our website on
packingtonestate.co.uk Also see us on Facebook (Packington Fisheries).