STARLETS VETS (LITTLE GEARYS/SIBLINGS)
1. Mike White (Packington) 41 – 7 Peg 15 SIBLINGS A
F1s & Carp on Pole & Pellet
2. Paul Deeming (Packington) 40 – 7
3. Steve Stokes (Moseley AC) 35 – 4
4. Phil Barren (Packington) 34 – 7
SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE OPEN
1. Martin Wood (Solihull Angling) 75 -13 Peg 60
Carp & F1s on Pole & Pellet
2. John Burchell (Packington) 70 – 8
3. Nick Jukes (Smithys) 39 -12
4. Tommy Charters (Packington) 24 -10
1. Dave Hipkiss (Ridgemere) 66 – 1 Peg 21 LITTLE GEARYS
F1s on Waggler & Pellet
2. Ray Evans (Packington) 61 – 9
3. Bob Calcott (Lanes Bait) 46 -10
4. Eddie Keene (COVPAC) 42 – 2
SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE 2 DAYER
1. Jim Daley (Packington) 94 – 6 Peg 9
Carp on Pole & Pellet
2. Carl Barnfield (Packington) 93 -10
3. Pete Caton (Drennan) 81 – 6
4. John Burchell (Packington) 63 -10
1. Pete Caton (Drennan) 140 – 8 Peg 36
Carp & Skimmers on Pole & Maggot
2. Jim Daley (Packington) 77 – 6
3. Danny Tresigne (Smithys) 67 – 1
4. John Burchell (Packington) 64 -11
SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE OVERALL RESULTS
1. Pete Caton
2. Jim Daley
3. Carl Barnfield
4. John Burchell
SATURDAY OPEN (GEARYS)
1. Trevor Hodges (Packington) 102 -10 Peg 19
Carp on Bomb & Pellet
2. Noel Wright (Packington) 47 – 1
3. Dave Elliott (Packington) 41 -14
4. Ian Lillystone (Tornadoes) 27 – 9
SUNDAY OPEN (LITTLE GEARYS)
1. Phil Canning (NuFish) 167 – 2 Peg 9
Carp & F1s on Waggler/Pole & Pellet
2. Noel Wright (Packington) 120 – 0
3. Ben Lockwood (Tackleshack) 71 -14
4. John Khan (Packington) 70 -12
MOLANDS A little better this week with more F1s showing and increasing the catches a little. Carp to double figures are still the main target and they are coming to waggler with pellet. Bomb with pellet or boilies and off the top with bread or dog biscuit also working well. Bomb with bread has been working for the F1s along with shallow pole and pellet.
GEARYS Very patchy with some areas fishing well with nets to 140lb and others where you struggle for bites. The best pegs have been 13 – 21 and 30 – 36 and method feeder, bomb and pellet or close in down the margins with dead maggot or corn over micro pellets were best. The carp anglers have been catching well off the top with catches of up to 20 fish on candle/controller with dog biscuit.
LITTLE GEARYS Fished much better at the weekend with catches to over 150lb but it was consistent before that with plenty of decent back up weights from all around the poo1. The carp were feeding better at the weekend with ‘mugging’ tactics on the wafter and pole accounting for fish to 15lb. The F1s were coming to shallow pole with pellet or close in down the first shelf on maggot.
GRATUITIES Carp to 15lb were caught this week with waggler and feeder to the island or surface tactics working best. Nice nets of silvers and plenty of crucian carp coming to maggot or caster fished close in.
ANNIVERSARIES Nets of F1s and a few carp to 50lb coming from all around the pool. Pole fished maggot or pellet has provided the main action but on the wider pegs, a small pellet feeder has been successful.
WILLOW Carp and F1s were producing the main action with most fish between 2lb and 4lb but there also there were quite a few carp into double figures caught. Fishing tight to the island with pellet or corn or meat have been the better tactics.
SIBLINGS A Carp to 15lb were caught this week along with F1s to 5lb, ide and plenty of silver fish. Pole fished pellet or corn fishing down the margins has been the top tactic but ‘dobbing’
pellets or bread along the island can also produce a few bonus carp.
SIBLINGS B A little slower this week with nets to around 60lb best but most pegs producing plenty of bites from F1s and silver fish. Paste, pellet and maggot fished close in at five metres have been the top tactics and ‘dobbing’ along the far bank is also catching a few.
FORTHCOMING OPEN MATCHES
EVERY WEDNESDAY – SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE OPEN – MOLANDS
Draw 1pm, fish 2pm to 7pm.
SATURDAY 18th SEPTEMBER– OPEN – GEARYS
Draw 9am, Fish 10.30am to 3.30pm.
SUNDAY 19th SEPTEMBER – OPEN – SIBLINGS
Draw 9am, Fish 10.30am to 3.30pm.
FACE MASKS ARE NOT MANDATORY BUT WE DO ASK ANYONE ENTERING THE LODGE TO WEAR ONE TO PROTECT OUR STAFF AND OTHER CUSTOMERS.
FROM MARCH 1st TICKET PRICES WILL BE £10 FOR A FULL DAY TICKET AND
£8.00 FOR A CONCESSIONARY TICKET.
GATES OPEN AT 7am, CLOSES AT 8pm.
Contact the lodge on 01676 523833 for further details or check out our website on
packingtonestate.co.uk Also see us on Facebook (Packington Fisheries).