DAY 1 (GEARYS)
1. Dan Tresigne (Smithys) 141 – 6 Peg 21
Carp on Pole & Pellet
2. Ian Keywood (Solihull Angling) 105 – 3
3. James Evans (Solihull Angling) 103 – 2
DAY 2 (LITTLE GEARYS)
1. Lee Davis (Solihull Angling) 111 – 5 Peg 25
F1s on Pole & Caster
2. Dave Lightowlers (Packington) 101 – 7
3. John Burchell (Packington) 99 – 7
DAY 3 (GEARYS)
1. John Burchell (Packington) 94 -15 Peg 18
Carp on Waggler & Pellet
2. Ian Keywood (Solihull Angling) 81 – 5
3. Lee Davis (Solihull Angling) 75 -14
1. John Burchell 10 Points 230 -13
2. Lee Davis 11 Points 253 – 8
3. Dave Lightowlers 12 Points 259 – 4
4. Ian Keywood 16 Points 245 – 7
STARLETS VETS (MOLANDS)
1. Bob Calcott (Packington) 57 – 2 Peg 27
Carp & F1s on Plopper & Pellet
2. Dave Duggan (Sensas/Dams & Locks) 50 -11
3. Dave Smith (NEC) 49 – 7
4. Allan Dolby (Lanes Bait) 46 -12
SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE WEDNESDAY OPEN
1. Ben Lockwood (Tackleshack) 141 – 6 Peg 48
F1s on Shallow Pole & Caster
2. Lee Richards (Packington) 100 – 8
3. Chris Horsley (Burt Baits) 91 -10
4. Neville Groves (Fosters) 88 -11
PACKINGTON SOMERS FISHERY
PACKINGTON VETS (SIBLINGS/ANNIVERSARIES)
1. Steve Stokes (Packington) 58 – 7 Peg 11 SIBLINGS B
F1s on Pole & Paste
2. Dave Neal (Lanes Bait) 56 – 3
3. Mick White (Packington) 52 – 4
4. Dave Duggan (Sensas/Dams & Locks) 51 – 5
SATURDAY OPEN (GEARYS)
1. Steve Allen (Tornadoes AC) 58 – 7 Peg 30
Carp on Bomb & Pellet
2. Derek Hartshorn (Swann Baits) 53 – 4
3. David Hyanes (DHP) 45 – 7
4. Trevor Hodges (Packington) 39 -10
OXFORD CARP LEAGUE (MOLANDS)
1. Dave Roberts 100 – 7 Peg 55
Carp on Bomb & Pellet
2. Andy Benwell 64 – 9
3. A N Other 57 – 5
SUNDAY OPEN (GEARYS)
1. Daniel Tresigne (Smithys) 159 – 7 Peg 19
Carp on Pole
2. Phil Canning (Frenzee) 92 – 4
3. Baz Byrd (Ridgemere AC) 53 – 0
4. Chris Horsley (Burt Baits) 46 – 3
MOLANDS Match weights to 140lb were caught last week with decent back up weights, particularly on the later matches. Pole fished caster has been the top tactic for F1s to 6lb catching shallow at 14.5 metres. Bomb and pellet have worked well for carp to double figures with plenty in the 6 – 12lb range coming out. Carp anglers using boilies or surface baits have had fish to 19lb this week.
GEARYS Although there have been match weights to 150lb the fishing has been a little patchy with the carp showing on some pegs but not others. Pegs 13 round to 21 have been the most consistent and fishing big pellets, either slapping on the pole or waggler/bomb have been the top tactics in the matches. There have been lots of decent carp up to 20lb being caught off the top or on boilies by pleasure anglers targeting the carp.
LITTLE GEARYS Steady if not spectacular sport at the moment with catches to over 100lb and fish being caught from all around the pool. A small method feeder fished to the island, waggler up in the water, shallow pole with caster or pellet and fishing down the margins with meat have all worked well last week.
ANNIVERSARIES There have been F1s showing all around the pool with plenty of fish in the 1 – 3lb range coming out. Carp to double figures also featuring and the F1s are coming to worm, caster or pellet on the pole with the carp coming to corn or worm fished down the margins.
WILLOW There are plenty of F1s and carp being caught from all around the pool. A waggler with pellet or a small feeder to the island have been the best approach during the day. In the evenings, fishing down the edges with worm, corn, or meat have been catching lots of fish including bigger samples of carp.
GRATUTIES Good mixed sport with carp, tench, crucians, skimmers and roach showing all round the pool to float fished corn, pellet or caster over ground bait. The bigger carp are being caught off the top on dog biscuit or down the margins on worm, paste or pellet.
SIBLINGS A Very up and down at the moment with good nets one day then anglers struggling the next. Carp to double figures, F1s, ide and skimmers have featured on the better days with nets to 80lb caught on maggot, pellet or corn fished down the middle or in the margins.
SIBLINGS B Fished quite hard this week with nets to around 60lb best. Pole fished paste or pellet, either short or across to the far bank has been the best tactic. A small waggler has also been used to offer good sport this week with maggot or pellet on the hook.
EVERY WEDNESDAY – SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE – MOLANDS
DRAW 1pm, FISH 2.15pm to 7.15pm.
SATURDAY 27th JUNE – OPEN – GEARYS – DRAW 9am, fish 11am to 4pm.
SUNDAY 28th JUNE – OPEN – ANNIVERSARIES – DRAW 9am, 10.30am to 3.30pm.
PLEASE NOTE: ANGLERS MUST PHONE TO BOOK IN AT THE LODGE 24 HOURS BEFORE MATCH.
WE EXPECT ALL VISITORS TO ADHERE TO THE SOCIAL DISTANCING PROCEDURE IN PLACE.
PLEASE DO NOT VISIT THE FISHERY IF SHOWING ANY SYMPTONS OF CORONAVIRUS.
THE FISHERY OPENS AT 7am AND CLOSES AT 9.30pm.
DAY TICKETS £9.50 AND CONCESSION £7.50 WITH OTHER PART DAY TICKETS AVAILABLE.
Contact the lodge on 01676 523833 for further details or check out our website on
packingtonestate.co.uk Also see us on Facebook (Packington Fisheries).