CHRISTMAS EVE OPEN (LITTLE GEARYS/SIBLINGS)
1. Steve Daley (Ridgemere) 68 -11 Peg 9 LITTLE GEARYS
F1s & carp on bomb & bread
2. Phil Canning (NuFish) 39 – 4
3. Lee Davis (Ridgemere) 35 -13
4. Lee Cosgrave (Packington) 34 – 7
1. Mick Martin (Attleborough) 34 -13 Peg 7 SIBLINGS B
F1s on pole & maggot
2. Keith Manners (Attleborough) 33 -11
3. Eddie Keene (COVPAC) 26 -11
4. Mick White (Packington) 24 – 7
PACKINGTON CHRISTMAS MATCH – ALL POOLS
1. Rob Hodgson (Packington) 49 -11 Peg 60 MOLANDS
Carp & F1s on pole & pellet/pellet feeder
2. Nick Jukes (Smithys) 45 -14
3. Steve Bellion (Maver) 44 – 6
4. Ron Savage (Lanes Bait) 41 – 7
PACKINGTON VETS (MOLANDS)
1. Bob Calcott (Lanes Bait) 54 – 3 Peg 60
Carp & F1s on pole & maggot
2. Dave Neal (Lanes Bait) 25 -11
3. Graham Swift (Packington) 22 – 9
4. Dave Smith (Sutton Coldfield) 20 -11
SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE – 2 DAYER (GEARYS)
1. Ian Keywood (SAC) 8 – 9
2. Martin Wood (SAC) 7 – 7
3. Steve Bellion (Maver) 5 -11
1. Keith Wooding (SAC) 7 – 5
2. Daz Coates (Smithys) 5 -14
3. Grant Merrett (Lanes Bait) 5 -11
SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE OVERALL RESULTS
1. Ian Keywood 3 Points 12 – 5
2. Grant Merrett 3 Points 10 -14
3. Dave Armstrong 3 Points 8 – 5
4. Keith Wooding 4 Points 12 – 9
SATURDAY NEW YEARS EVE OPEN – ROVER
1. Steve Pearce (PTI) 113 -14 Peg 19 LITTLE GEARYS
F1s on pole & pellet
2. Lee Richards (Packington) 80 – 5
3. Dave West (Packington) 61 -14
4. Trevor Hodges (Maver Elite) 58 – 0
NEW YEARS DAY OPEN (LITTLE GEARYS)
1. Andy Christie (Packington) 129 – 5 Peg 9
F1s & carp on waggler & bread/pellet
2. John Burchell (Packington) 57 – 4
3. Phil Canning (NuFish) 52 -10
4. Dave Elliott (Packington) 44 – 6
MOLANDS The mild weather has seen an improvement in sport with the new carp and bream showing well along with big F1s and the odd big carp. Match weights to 80lb have been caught last week with pole fished maggot or pellet best but waggler and bomb with bread or pellet have also been worth a try. Pegs 4 – 17 have been the most consistent pegs.
GEARYS A little bit up and down over the past week but nets to 85lb consisting mainly of the new carp have been caught on pole and pellet. The bigger carp are coming to bomb with pellet or bread or a method feeder fishing out to the middle stumps.
LITTLE GEARYS Fished well in areas with match weights to nearly 130lb caught. Big F1s to 6lb have been the main target but plenty of carp also showing and fish to 15lb are being regularly seen. Pole with pellet or maggot has been the top tactic with bomb and bread or maggot feeder also worth a try.
ANNIVERSARIES Nice steady fishing on Annies over the Christmas period with nets of F1s and small carp to 50lb being caught. Bomb with pellet, long pole with maggot or pellet and maggot feeder have all accounted for decent nets. Top pegs have been 6, 8, 10, 15, 17 and 23.
SIBLINGS A It has been a little tough on ‘A’ with nets to around 30lb best, mainly F1s with the odd carp to 10lb. Dobbing bread down the margins or along the island has been the top tactic but maggot or pellet fished down the middle is also working.
SIBLINGS B The most consistent of the Siblings pools with lots of F1s and small carp showing on pegs 7 – 13. Pole fished maggot or pellet fished down the middle has been the best approach.
WILLOW After a slow week, Willow started to fish well at the weekend with lots of F1s and carp being caught. Long pole with pellet, maggot or corn has worked well but waggler with pellet or a small maggot/pellet feeder to the island is also worth a go.
GRATUITIES Steady sport with carp to 5lb, small F1s and plenty of silvers being caught. Pole fished maggot or expander pellet has been the top tactic with waggler or bomb and bread fished to the island is picking out the better fish.
FISHERY OPENS AT 7.30am until 5pm.
DAY TICKETS £8.00/CONCESSIONARY TICKETS £7.00.
(£1 extra for 2 rods)
SATURDAY 7th JANUARY – OPEN – ROVER
Draw 9am, fish 10.30am to 3.30pm
SUNDAY 8th JANUARY – WINTER LEAGUE
EVERY WEDNESDAY – SAC OPEN – ROVER
Contact the lodge on 01676 523833 for further details or check out our website on
packingtonestate.co.uk Also see us on Facebook (Packington Fisheries).