STARLETS VETS (GEARYS/LITTLE GEARYS) 1. Derek Hartshorn Swann Baits) 68 -12 Peg 33 GEARYS
Carp on Bomb and Pellet
2. Bryan Twaites (Coventry) 45 – 2
3. Mick Martin (Attleborough) 43 – 8
4. Dave Longford (Ridgemere Blacks) 40 – 5
SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE WEDNESDAY OPEN
1. John Burchell (Packington) 116 – 2 Peg 12 GEARYS
Carp & Skimmers on Pole & Pellet
2. Andy Christie (Packington) 91 – 6
3. Jim Daily (Packington) 88 – 3
4. Pete Heaven (Greyhound AC) 87 – 6
PACKINGTON VETS (LITTLE GEARYS /ANNIVERSARIES)
1. John Smith (Packington) 55 -12 Peg 15 LITTLE GEARYS
F1s on Maggot Feeder
2. John Batey (Packington) 52 – 4
3. Steve Stokes (Packington) 39 – 2
SATURDAY OPEN (ROVER)
1. Keith Vaughan (Moseley AC) 43 – 8 Peg 11 LITTLE GEARYS
Skimmers & F1s on Pole & Maggot
2. Jack Shirley (Packington) 42 – 9
3. Keith Winn (Lanes Bait) 38 – 3
4. Jon Arthur (Matrix) 32 -10
SUNDAY OPEN (GEARYS)
1. Dave Elliott (Packington) 34 – 8 Peg 31
Carp on Bomb and Pellet
2. Martin Wood (Solihull Angling) 33 – 7
3. Derek Hartshorn (Swann Baits) 20 – 7
4. Jon Newton (Smithys) 16 -13
GEARYS Gearys was in good form early in the week but the heavy rain at the weekend saw sport crash. Nets to over 100lb of carp including plenty of good-sized fish up to 18lb were caught last week with pole fished 6mm or 8mm pellet, bomb and pellet and method feeder all working well. The high bank from pegs 9 – 13 and the pegs from 30 – 36 have been the best areas.
LITTLE GEARYS Nets to around 60lb were best last week with the F1s to 4lb and skimmers to 2lb making up the better catches. The odd bonus carp to double figures showing, particularly on the best pegs. Maggots or pellets have been the best baits with a small maggot feeder fished down the middle, long pole with pellet or maggots short on the pole accounting for the better nets.
ANNIVERSARIES Fished very hard last week with nets to 40lb best, made up of mainly F1s but the odd carp and ide also being caught. The better pegs have been at the top end of the pool with 1 – 6 and 19 – 23 the best areas. Maggot, caster or pellet on the pole or a small maggot/pellet feeder fished out to the open water have been the best tactics.
SIBLINGS A Dobbing bread or pellets along the far bank has accounted for carp to 10lb. The F1s are coming to maggots fished from the middle or on the deck but sometimes coming shallow. The best pegs have been 2, 5 and 17 – 21.
MOLANDS/GRATUITIES/WILLOW AND THE SMALL POOLS HAVE BEEN OUT OF ACTION FOR THE PAST TWO WEEKS BUT WILL BE READY BY WEDNESDAY THIS WEEK.
FISHERY OPENS AT 7.30am until 5pm from November 1st until February 28th.
DAY TICKET £8.00 and £7.00 CONCESSIONARY.
FORTHCOMING OPEN MATCHES
EVERY WEDNESDAY – SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE OPEN ROVER MATCH
Draw 9.30am, fish 10.30am until 3.30pm.
SATURDAY 6th NOVEMBER – OPEN – ROVER
Draw 9am, fish 10.30am until 3.30pm.
SUNDAY 7th NOVEMBER – WINTER LEAGUE
FACE MASKS ARE NOT MANDATORY BUT WE DO ASK ANYONE ENTERING THE LODGE TO WEAR ONE TO PROTECT OUR STAFF AND OTHER CUSTOMERS.
Contact the lodge on 01676 523833 for further details or check out our website on
packingtonestate.co.uk Also see us on Facebook (Packington Fisheries).