(LITTLE GEARYS/SIBLINGS B/WILLOW)
1. Mick White (Packington) 53 -14 Peg 9 SIBLINGS B
2. Kevin Folwell (Drennan) 51 – 4
3. Paul Deeming (Tamworth Tackle) 44 -10
4. John Lowe (Tornadoes) 40 -10
SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE WEDNESDAY OPEN
1. Jon Newton (Smithys) 87 – 6 Peg 60
Carp on Pole & Worm
2. Nick Jukes (Smithys) 51 – 6
3. Baz Hilton (Packington) 31 – 9
4. Craig Williams (Packington) 25 – 6
PACKINGTON VETS (MOLANDS)
1. Billy Hawkes (Lucas) 27 – 9 Peg 58
Carp on Bomb & Pellet
2. Bob Gould (Packington) 27 – 4
3. Mick White (Packington) 24 – 4
4. Ray Quiney (Packington) 20 – 5
SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE TWO DAY SILVERS
1. Derek Hartshorn (Swann Baits) 53 – 9 Peg 10
Skimmers on Pole & Caster
2. Daz Coates (Smithys) 33 – 7
3. Dave Smith (Solihull Angling) 31 – 4
1. Dave Smith (Solihull Angling) 32 – 4 Peg 19
Skimmers on Pole & Caster/Maggot
2. Neil Davies (Coventry) 26 -14
3. Ian Keywood (Solihull Angling) 25 -11
1. Dave Smith (Solihull Angling) 63 – 4 2 Points
2. Mick Whiteley (Drennan) 46 – 4 3 Points
3. Kevin Folwell (Drennan) 40 – 3 4 Points
4. Neil Davies (Coventry) 42 – 7 5 Points
SATURDAY OPEN (GEARYS)
1. Ian Crossman (Solihull Angling) 133 – 5 Peg 23
Carp on Pole & Maggot
2. Ray Durant (Ridgemere) 61 – 7
3. Trevor Hodges 57 – 8
SUNDAY OPEN (SIBLINGS)
1. Kevin Folwell (Drennan) 67 – 2 Peg 3 SIBLINGS B
Carp, F1s & Silvers on Pole & Maggot
2. Lee Heaven (Greyhound AC) 55 – 6
3. Daniel Eaton 47 – 8
MOLANDS Fished hard this week but where there was little quantity it was made up by quality with some lovely carp and fish to 20lb 8oz were reported along with plenty of doubles. The F1s are proving very elusive at the moment but fish to 8lb were caught. Best tactics have been bomb and pellet or boilies and fishing down the margins for the bigger carp. Caster or maggot fished shallow is still the top tactic for F1s and maggot over ground bait is working for nets of silvers and tench.
GEARYS In decent form for carp and silver fish with nets of carp caught by pleasure anglers accounting to 100lb and bomb and pellet has accounted for fish to 18lb. The silver fish have been showing well and an impressive 53lb of decent sized silvers won the top weight on the
two-day silvers match and those all came to caster fished very short at 3 metres over ground bait. Carp have been showing all round but the top pegs have been 7 – 13 ad 16 -21.
LITTLE GEARYS Like all the pools, with the F1s, it has been tough on Little Gearys this week with nets to around 60lb best. The horrendous conditions have not helped, making presentation difficult and the top tactics have been bomb and pellet or bread, method/pellet feeder to the island with banded expander or dead maggots and down the margins with caster or corn. The top pegs have been 3 – 11 and 25 – 30.
WILLOW Anglers are switching to cooler weather tactics and being rewarded with decent mixed nets of F1s and silvers coming to caster and maggot on the pole or waggler. The better carp are showing best down the margins with worm or corn.
ANNIVERSARIES Gone a little patchy with the fish following the wind and the top end on pegs 1 – 6 or 21 – 23 the best areas with carp to double figures and F1s to 5lb being caught. Pole fished maggot, caster or banded hard pellet and bomb with 6 or 8mm pellet have accounted for the better catches.
GRATUITIES More sheltered than most of our pools, Gratuities provided some decent silver fish sport last week with mixed nets of skimmers, roach, perch and crucians coming to pole fished caster or soft pellet. A few carp are still coming to waggler or pellet feeder fished across to the island.
SIBLINGS A The conditions have made it difficult over the last few days with strong winds and rain meaning that the delicate approach that is necessary on Siblings A was made impossible. Short pole with pellet or corn was the best tactic last week.
SIBLINGS B Short pole with caster, maggot or banded pellet was the main approach with nets of F1s to around 60lb best over the last week. A small pellet feeder on the wider pegs also accounted for a few bigger carp up to 10lb.
EVERY WEDNESDAY – SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE – MOLANDS
DRAW 12pm, FISH 1pm to 6pm.
SATURDAY 10th OCTOBER – OPEN – GRATUITIES
DRAW 9am, fish 10.30am to 4pm
SUNDAY 11th OCTOBER – OPEN – SILVER FISH MATCH – MOLANDS
DRAW 9am, fish 10.30am to 4.30pm.
PLEASE NOTE: ANGLERS MUST PHONE TO BOOK IN AT THE LODGE 24 HOURS BEFORE MATCH. WE EXPECT ALL VISITORS TO ADHERE TO THE SOCIAL DISTANCING PROCEDURE IN PLACE.
THE FISHERY OPENS AT 7am AND CLOSES AT 7pm.
DAY TICKETS £9.50 AND CONCESSION £7.50 WITH OTHER PART DAY TICKETS AVAILABLE.
PLEASE DO NOT VISIT THE FISHERY IF SHOWING ANY SYMPTOMS OF CORONAVIRUS
Contact the lodge on 01676 523833 for further details or check out our website on
packingtonestate.co.uk Also see us on Facebook (Packington Fisheries).