BH MONDAY OPEN (GEARYS)
1. John Burchell Packington) 129-11 Peg 19
Carp on Pole & Pellet
2. Lee Richards (Packington) 111 – 9
3. Dave Elliott (Packington) 103 – 2
4. John Adamson (Packington) 100 – 4
1. Derek Hartshorn (Swann Baits) 100 -13 Peg 15 LITTLE GEARYS
F1s on Pole & Corn
2. Kevin Folwell (Drennan) 64 – 4
3. Burt McGann (Packington) 61 – 6
4. Bob Calcott (Lanes Bait) 44 – 6
SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE WEDNESDAY OPEN
1. Ben Lockwood (Tackleshack) 188 -13 Peg 41
Carp & F1s on Pole & Caster/Corn
2. Paul Hastings (Ridgemere AC) 78 -10
3. Carl Barnfield (Packington) 64 – 9
4. Roy Beasley (Packington) 57 – 4
PACKINGTON VETS (MOLANDS/WILLOW)
1. Bobby Gould (Packington) 37 – 9 Peg 5 WILLOW
Carp & F1s on Pole & Meat
2. Billy Hawkes (Lucas) 31 -12
3. Pete Barley (White Hart) 31 – 4
4. Ron Savage (Lanes Bait) 28 – 2
SATURDAY OPEN (GEARYS)
1. Trevor Hodges (Packington) 115 – 7 Peg 31
Carp & Skimmers on Bomb & Pellet
2. Dan Tresigne (Smithys) 106 -14
3. Steve Bellion (Team Milo) 89 -12
4. James Lawler (Milo/Bait/Tech) 76 -10
ELEPHANT & CASTLE AC (LITTLE GEARYS)
1. Dave Orrill 126 – 7 Peg 13
F1s on Pole & Pellet Shallow
2. Chris Horsley 65 – 9
3. Marcus 63 – 7
4. Martin 56 -11
MILLPOOL AC (LITTLE GEARYS)
1. Wayne Sharman 130 -12 Peg 8
Carp & F1s on Method & Maggot
2. Cliff Skyme 97 – 4
3. John Jenkins 92 – 0
4. Grant Merrett 84 – 6
SUNDAY OPEN (MOLANDS)
1. Steve Broadley (Tackleshack) 53 – 6 Peg 29
Carp on Pellet Waggler
2. Ian Lillystone (Tornadoes) 50 – 2
3. Max Higgott (Burt Baits) 45 – 3
4. Pete Murray (Packington) 40 -10
MOLANDS It has been a tough week on Molands with the fishing turning patchy once again. Match weights to 188lb showed that if the fish were feeding the fishing was brilliant but definitely no consistency at the moment. Carp to nearly 20lb have featured along with F1s to 8lb and tench to 5lb. The best approach is to fish across to the island with method feeder or bomb/waggler and pellet. Shallow tactics with caster or pellet were working best for F1s.
GEARYS Fishing ok with plenty of 100lb+ match weights of carp and nets of silvers to 50lb. The high bank pegs from 7 – 13 and 16 – 20 have been the most consistent areas. Bomb with big pellets, pellet waggler and long pole with 6mm pellet have been the best tactics for carp.
The silver fish are going well to chopped worm/caster or maggot.
LITTLE GEARYS A lot better this week with 100lb+ match weights winning matches and plenty of good back up catches. F1s between 2 – 4lb have made up the bulk of the catches but this week saw plenty of carp up to 15lb also feature. The F1s are coming shallow on pellet or caster and down the margins with corn, meat or paste and the carp coming to a method feeder across to the island.
WILLOW Carp to 18lb and F1s to 7lb have been caught this week and Willow always seems to offer the pleasure anglers good sport. Float fished corn or paste down the margins, feeder to the island or waggler have all accounted for decent nets last week.
ANNIVERSARIES Decent sport to be had with pegs 1 – 6 and 17 – 23 providing the bigger nets. Carp to double figures and F1s to 8lb have been caught in catches to around 80lb. The carp are coming to paste or corn fished tight to any features with the F1s in the open water.
GRATUITIES Pegs 6 – 10 have been best for the carp with plenty coming off the top with bread or dog biscuit along with pellet waggler. Good mixed nets of bream, roach, tench and crucians are being caught down the middle of the pool on caster or soft pellet fished over micros or ground bait.
SIBLINGS A The carp have been dominating catches with fish to 14lb amongst plenty between 3 – 8lb. Fishing down the edges with paste, corn or meat or across to the island dobbing corn or pellet has worked best. The F1s and ide are coming to shallow maggot or caster fishing down the middle of the pool.
SIBLINGS B Lots of F1s showing on all pegs with float fished pellet, corn, meat or caster all producing decent catches. Fishing tight across to the far bank to start with but bringing the fish across to the near margins is usually is the way for the bigger nets.
EVERY WEDNESDAY – SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE – MOLANDS
DRAW 1pm, FISH 2.30pm to 7.30pm.
SATURDAY 12th SEPTEMBER – OPEN – MOLANDS
DRAW 9am, fish 10.30am to 4pm.
SUNDAY 13th SEPTEMBER – OPEN – SIBLINGS A
DRAW 9am, fish 10.30am to 4pm.
PLEASE NOTE: ANGLERS MUST PHONE TO BOOK IN AT THE LODGE 24 HOURS
BEFORE MATCH. WE EXPECT ALL VISITORS TO ADHERE TO THE
SOCIAL DISTANCING PROCEDURE IN PLACE.
THE FISHERY OPENS AT 7am AND CLOSES AT 8pm.
DAY TICKETS £9.50 AND CONCESSION £7.50 WITH OTHER PART DAY TICKETS AVAILABLE.
PLEASE DO NOT VISIT THE FISHERY IF SHOWING ANY SYMPTONS OF CORONAVIRUS
Contact the lodge on 01676 523833 for further details or check out our website on
packingtonestate.co.uk Also see us on Facebook (Packington Fisheries).