1. Ron Savage (Lanes Bait) 72 -15 Peg 12 LITTLE GEARYS
2. Dave Hipkiss (Ridgemere AC) 62 -10
3. Graham Young (Packington) 47 – 6
4. Steve Stokes (Packington) 45 -10
SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE WEDNESDAY OPEN
1. Dan Tresigne (Smithys) 108 – 3 Peg 60
2. Ben Lockwood (Tackleshack) 89 – 8
3. Lee Richards (Packington) 75 – 6
4. Shane Whittaker (Middy/Bagem Baits) 68 -13
PACKINGTON VETS (MOLANDS)
1. Jim Hinckley (Packington) 76 -10 Peg 2
Carp & F1s on Plopper & Pellet
2. Alan Dolby (Lanes Bait) 42 – 8
3. Graham Swift (Packington) 41 – 8
4. Bob Hastings (Ridgemere AC) 37 – 4
SATURDAY OPEN (GEARYS)
1. Dave Elliott (Packington) 77 -15 Peg 18
Carp on Bomb & Pellet
2. Paul Alder (Solihull Angling) 51 – 7
3. Phil Canning (Frenzee) 48 -11
4. George Woolley (Packington) 43 – 7
SUNDAY OPEN (ANNIVERSARIES)
1. Pete Heaven (Greyhound) 64 – 5 Peg 10
F1s on Pole & Meat
2. Chris Horsley (Burt Baits) 57 -10
3. Neville Groves (Fosters) 48 – 0
4. Lee Heaven (Greyhound) 45 -11
LANES BAIT PAIRS (GEARYS/LITTLE GEARYS)
1. Adam Wakelin (Daiwa) 203 – 8 Peg 10 LITTLE GEARYS
F1s & Carp on Shallow Pole & Caster
2. Ben Lockwood (Tackleshack) 174 -12
3. Steve Daley (Ridgemere AC) 167 – 0
4. Warren Jennings (Packington) 136 – 6
1. Ian Keywood & Ben Lockwood 5 Points
2. Paul Cook & Warren Jennings 10 Points
3. Grant Merrett & Johnny Jenkins 12 Points
4. Phil Canning & Carl Barnfield 13 Points
MOLANDS The very high temperatures through the middle of the week affected sport but nets to over 100lb were caught in matches and by pleasure anglers. Shallow tactics have been best with caster or pellet fished on the jigger the best way to catch F1s to 6lb. Carp into double figures are being caught across to the island with bomb and boilies or pellets. Best areas have been pegs 2 – 6, 25 – 31, 43 – 46 and 56 – 60.
GEARYS There have been lots of double figure carp being caught by pleasure anglers fishing boilies or off the top on dog biscuit. The biggest fish seen last week was a 20lb 4oz mirror caught in Sunday’s match from peg 1. In the matches, bomb with pellet and pole fished pellet or corn have been the top tactics. Best pegs have been 1, 7 – 13, 18 – 20, 28 and 31 – 36.
LITTLE GEARYS Fished quite hard in the high temperatures but sport improved over the weekend when it cooled down. The best weight so far this year came off on Sunday’s Pairs match with Diawa backed rod Adam Wakelin weighing in 203lb on shallow caster. Generally shallow tactics have been best but decent sport has also been had on a feeder or waggler to the island or down the margins with meat or paste.
ANNIVERSARIES F1s, ide and roach are being caught all around the pool with float fished caster, maggot or soft pellet. There have been some decent nets of carp caught with pegs 2, 5, 17 and 23 producing numbers of fish up to 10lb with corn or meat working best for them
WILLOW Always popular, Willow has been in good form with lots of F1s being caught from all round the pool along with carp to double figures. Pole or float fished pellet, paste or corn has been the best approach and waggler to the island has also worked well.
GRATUTIES Good mixed nets of crucians, skimmers, roach, tench and even the odd barbel have been coming to maggot or caster fished down the middle of the pool. The carp have been showing to floating baits or fishing tight to the island with a small method/pellet feeder.
SIBLINGS A Still a little tough but some good nets were taken last week with paste the outstanding bait and shallow pellet or maggot also working. The best pegs have been on the far end from 5 – 11.
SIBLINGS B Nets of F1s to around 70lb have been best with pellet fishing close in the top tactic and maggot, paste and corn have also been working.
EVERY WEDNESDAY – SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE – MOLANDS
DRAW 1pm, FISH 2.15pm to 7.15pm.
SATURDAY 4th JULY – OPEN – MOLANDS – DRAW 9am, fish 10.30am to 3.30pm.
SUNDAY 5th JULY – OPEN – SIBLINGS B – DRAW 9am, 10.30am to 3.30pm.
PLEASE NOTE: ANGLERS MUST PHONE TO BOOK IN AT THE LODGE 24 HOURS
BEFORE MATCH. WE EXPECT ALL VISITORS TO ADHERE TO THE
SOCIAL DISTANCING PROCEDURE IN PLACE.
THE FISHERY OPENS AT 7am AND CLOSES AT 9.30pm.
DAY TICKETS £9.50 AND CONCESSION £7.50 WITH OTHER PART DAY TICKETS AVAILABLE.
PLEASE DO NOT VISIT THE FISHERY IF SHOWING ANY SYMPTONS OF CORONAVIRUS
Contact the lodge on 01676 523833 for further details or check out our website on
packingtonestate.co.uk Also see us on Facebook (Packington Fisheries).