In the latest RiverFest qualifier the Severn at Bewdley was low and clear, the 57 anglers taking part on Saturday 3rd September 2016 were greeted with a day of heavy rain, but despite the conditions the venue fished well in most parts.
1) Tony Avery (DGL) 39-13-0 quality chub with perch caught on caster then maggot feeder from Peg GM1.
2) Phil Amos (Stourport) 22-1-0 barbel and chub caught on waggler and maggot from Peg 29.
3) Brian Jones (Stevens Tackle) 18-7-0 Mainly dace plus small barbel and chub on whip from Peg 98.
4) Sam Merry (Superteam) 14-5-0 barbel and chub on feeder from Peg 15.
5) Dave Williams (Tenbury) 14-3-0. 3 barbel on feeder from Peg 59.
Zone Winners and qualifiers for the RiverFest final in November are;
Zone A Phil Amos.
Zone B Tony Avery.
Zone C Brian Jones.