The Dynamite Baits Canal Pairs opening weekend continued on Sunday with a qualifier on the Gloucester canal near Tuffley. Thirteen pairs lined the cuts banks on a bright, still day which in turn led to a slightly patchy affair.
Once again it was the pegs in the 170’s at Rea which provided the main weights. Andy Pollard (Daiwa Gordon League) on end peg 173 took the individual honours, with 21lbs 12oz of bream on open ended feeder, with groundbait and maggot. Second on nearby 177 was Rob Skellett (Daiwa Gordon League) who caught 15lbs 10oz on the same method. Andy Jane rounded out the individual top three with a respectable 10lb 3ozs (Sensas Lobbys).
Looking at the all-important pairs results there were clear winners on the day, Ivan Currie and Chris Hook (Sensas Nomads) stormed the match with just five penalty points. However, it was a much closer affair for the second qualifying spot with a three-way tie! On weight countback it was the Daiwa Gordon League pairing of Charlie Vallender and Andy Pollard that went through, with a superior weight of 24lbs 3oz.
Over the next four months, the canal pairs will visit stretches of the canal all around the British Isles, so if your keen to get in on some great canal action, grab a mate and visit our booking site.
1) Ivan Currie & Chris Hook (Sensas Nomads) – 5 points
2) Andy Pollard & Charile Vallender (Daiwa Gordon League) – 10 points (24lbs 3oz)
3) Paul Waddington & Rob Skellet (Daiwa Gordon League) – 10 points (18lbs 2oz)
4) Mick Nowicki & Steve Long (Garbolino Blackmore Vale) – 10 points (7lbs 15oz)
5) Andy Jane & Andy Richens (Sensas Lobbys) – 12 points