FISHING & MATCH REPORT – WEEK ENDING 15/9/13
STARLETS VETS – PAIRS MATCH (GEARYS & LITTLE GEARYS)
1. Ron Savage (Lanes Bait) 59 – 8 Peg 6 GEARYS Carp & Skimmers on Pole & Pellet
2 Derek Hartshorn (Swann Baits) 58 – 7
3. Gary Powney (Lanes Bait) 52 – 0
4. Ray Ashington (Packington) 47 – 9
1. Ron Savage/Bob Waggler
2. Derek Hartshorn/Graham Swift
WEDNESDAY SOLIHULL ANGLING OPEN
1. Craig O’Brien (Fast Feeders/Packington) 88 -15 Peg 46 F1’s & Carp on Pole & Meat
2. Ray Quiney (Packington) 83 – 7
3. Joe Roberts (Kamasan Starlets) 81 -12
4. Suzy Smith (Kobra Feeders) 66 -10
TONY’S WEDNESDAY OPEN
1. Pete Heaven (Greyhound AC) 105 – 6 Peg 13 F1’s Shallow on Pole & Pellet 2. Tony Musticone (Alvechurch Fisheries) 67 -10
3. John Stockton (Barforde AA) 63 -10
4. Jamie Clarkson (Packington) 53 -14
1. Ray Taylor 62 – 0 Peg 17 Carp & Skimmers on Bomb & Pellet
2. Lenny Butler 50 -12
2. Brian Mason 35 -12
(GEARYS & LITTLE GEARYS)
1. Pete Turner (Packington Vets) 55 -13 Peg 7 LITTLE GEARYS Carp & F1s on Bomb & Meat
2. Derek Hartshorn (Swann Baits) 55 – 6
3. Ronnie Robinson (NEC) 50 – 2
4. Eddie Keene (COVPAK) 49 – 6
1. Phil Ward 22 – 9 Peg 15 F1’s on Pole & Pellet
2. S Duffy 16 -10
3. Mark Liggins 11 – 3
1. Suzy Smith (Kobra Feeders) 44 -14 Peg 7 F1’s on Pellet Feeder & Meat
2. Paul Hunter (Paulsfodder) 40 – 9
3. Steve White (Kobra Feeders) 36 – 0
4. Adam Wakelin (Preston Innovations) 27 – 6
1. John Newton (Smyths AC) 82 – 4 Peg 19 Carp & Skimmers on Pole & Worm
2. Suzy Smith (Kobra Feeders) 58 – 1
3. Richard Jakymouych (Tusses Tackle) 51 -15
4. Craig O’Brien (Fast Feeders/Packington) 44 – 6
MOLANDS Molands has been a little up and down with the cooler and more changeable weather affecting sport. Carp and F1’s are still making up the bulk of catches with weights to nearly 90lb and pleasure catches to 100lb+. The top tactics have been the pellet feeder or straight lead fished up to the island with 8mm pellet/expander on the hook or shallow on the pole or pellet waggler. Best pegs have been 2, 4, 8, 12 – 19, 25 – 27, 33, 41 – 48 and 52 – 55.
GEARYS This pool has been a bit patchy with the carp showing better to where the wind has been blowing. Straight lead and pellet or pellet/method feeder fished at
20 – 30 metres out pinging 8mm coarse pellets over the top is working best. The skimmers are showing better with the windier conditions bringing them on to the feed and pole with pellet or chopped worm/caster is the best approach for them. Top pegs 6, 13, 17 – 19, 23 and 31 – 36.
LITTLE GEARYS Fished well through the week but was quite hard at the weekend. Weights to over 100lb winning matches through the week with good back up weights from all around the pool but the cooler weather brought it down to 40lb+ weights and much lower back up weights. Shallow tactics worked best in the week turning to the pellet or method feeder through the weekend. Top pegs are 7 – 13, 21 and 25 – 27.
GRATUITIES Fished well this week with plenty of carp, skimmers, tench and crucians showing on the pole with pellet or caster working best. The bigger carp are coming to the waggler with pellet fished hard up to the island. Best pegs 1, 6, 8, 11, 13 and 15.
ANNIVERSARIES Pellet or meat fished at 6 – 8 metres is producing lots of fish with skimmers, tench, crucians and F1’s coming to this. Meat or corn fished down the edges later on in the day, are catching the bigger carp and tench. Best pegs 1 – 3, 6, 9, 17 – 19 and 23.
WILLOW Willow has been a little quiet this week but the fishing for those that have been on there, it has been good. Pellet feeder or pellet waggler fished up to the island is working best for carp and F1’s. Pole and pellet are producing decent mixed nets of skimmers, crucians and F1’s.
SATURDAY 21st SEPTEMBER – OPEN – GEARYS
Draw 9am, fish 10am to 3pm.
SUNDAY 22nd SEPTEMBER – OPEN – LITTLE GEARYS
Draw 9am, fish 10am to 3pm.
EVERY WEDNESDAY – TONY’S OPEN – LITTLE GEARYS
Draw 9am, fish 10.30 am to 3.30pm.
WEDNESDAY – SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE OPEN – MOLANDS
Draw 1pm, fish 2pm to 7pm.
SOLIHULL ANGLING SILVER FISH LEAGUE
There will be a short Autumn League on Molands starting October 6th with four matches, all on Molands. These will be silver fish only (carp and F1’s not counting).
Entry cost £20.00 and £20.00 per match and the best 3 matches will count.
Dates are Sunday October 6th, Sunday November 3rd, Sunday November 17th and Sunday December 1st.
Booking is either at Solihull Angling Centre or at the Fishery.
This years Winter League starts on Sunday 27th October. The format has changed a little with all the matches being fished on Molands and Little Gearys and there will be nine matches in all. There will be a £1000 1st prize again this year providing at least 40 anglers enter. Cost will be £60 which pays £20 to league and £20 for first match and £20 for last match. Each round in between will be £20. For further details contact the fishery.
FROM JULY 1st, THE FISHERY WILL NOT BE SUPPLYING KEEPNETS FOR MATCHES. ANGLERS MUST PROVIDE THEIR OWN NETS. THERE WILL BE A 60lb MAXIMUM WEIGHT LIMIT AND NETS MUST BE LAID OUT BEHIND ANGLERS UNTIL 15 MINUTES BEFORE THE MATCH STARTS.
SEASON TICKETS ARE NOW ON SALE AT A REDUCED RATE.
FISH SIX TIMES AND GET A TICKET FREE.
THE FISHERY IS NOW OPEN AT 7am AND CLOSES AT DUSK.
Contact the lodge on 01676 523833 for further details or check out our website on www.packingtonestate.net