1. Keith Manners (Attleborough) 72 – 0 Peg 7 LITTLE GEARYS
F1s & carp on pole & maggot
2. Ron Savage (Lanes Bait) 51 – 9
3. Burt McGann (Packington) 31 -13
4. Roy Beasley (Packington) 30 -12
SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE OPEN
1. Keith Deaner (Smithys) 80 -12 Peg 25
Carp & F1s on pole & maggot
2. Steve Pearce (PTI) 48 – 1
3. Nick Jukes (Smithys) 22 – 9
4. Ian Keywood (Solihull Angling) 19 – 8
PACKINGTON VETS (WILLOW)
1. Eddie Keene (COVPAC) 18 – 5 Peg 1
F1s on waggler & maggot
2. Bob Calcott (Lanes Bait) 12 – 5
3. Dave Crozier (Warwick) 12 – 0
4. Mick White (Packington) 3 – 6
SATURDAY OPEN (GEARYS)
1. Dan Tresigne (Smithys) 82 – 9 Peg 36
Carp & skimmers on bomb & bread
2. Dave Roberts (Packington) 50 -11
3. Ian Crossman (Browning Central) 29 -10
4. Ian Keywood (Solihull Angling) 19 – 4
SAC SILVERS LEAGUE (GEARYS)
1. Paul Mortimer (Smithys) 26 -13 Peg 13
Skimmers on pole & worm
2. Jack Shirley (Solihull Angling) 20 – 7
3. John Burchell (Packington) 16 – 9
4. Ian Lines (Packington) 16 – 3
SUNDAY OPEN (SIBLINGS)
1. Steve Daley (Ridgemere) 55 – 5 Peg 19 SIBLINGS A
Carp & F1s on pole & pellet/maggot
2. Pete Heaven (Greyhound AC) 43 -10
3. John Adamson (Packington) 34 – 8
4. Dave West (Packington) 31 – 8
MOLANDS The much colder weather saw the fishing on Molands go very patchy with some areas fishing well and others fishing much tougher as the fish shoals came tight together.
Catches of F1s and small carp to 50lb+ were caught with bomb and bread, method feeder and long pole with maggot or pellet were best in matches. Carp anglers had fish to 18lb with boilies or pop ups fished over PVA bags to the island best.
GEARYS Despite the more difficult conditions, Gearys fished ok with carp and skimmers showing all across the pool. In the matches, nets to over 80lb were caught and bomb with bread or pellet was the top tactic. Silver fish nets to nearly 30lb, made up mainly of skimmers were coming to pole fished maggot, pinkies or worm.
LITTLE GEARYS A little tougher especially at the weekend but weights to over 180lb were recorded this week. F1s and carp made up the bulk of catches and the better nets were caught by fishing down the margins with maggot, waggler or bomb with pellet to the island also accounted for some decent nets.
GRATUITIES Very quiet on ‘Grats’ this week but those who have fished it have caught plenty of silvers and the odd carp and F1s. Pole fished maggot, caster or expander pellet will give you a lot of bites.
ANNIVERSARIES Fishing ok with F1s and small carp showing on most pegs and nets to 30lb+ possible from all pegs. Maggot or pellet fished on the pole up to the islands or features and bomb/waggler with 6mm hard pellet have been the best tactics.
SIBLINGS A Fished ok with nets to over 50lb this week and carp to double figures and F1s to 5lb making up the better catches. Pole fished bread dobbed around the island and short with maggot have been the best tactics.
SIBLINGS B Steady sport on Siblings ‘B’ with nets to around 40lb best but plenty of F1s in the 1 – 2lb range being caught. Pellet or maggot fished long and short on the pole has been the best way and on the wider pegs a small maggot or method feeder can work well.
WILLOW Catches to 40lb this week with mainly F1s, small carp and skimmers showing. Waggler with pellet or maggot, long pole with pellet and corn down the margins have been the best tactics.
FORTHCOMING OPEN MATCHES
SATURDAY 18th MARCH – OPEN – GEARYS
Draw 9am, fishing 10.30am – 4.30pm
SUNDAY 19th MARCH – OPEN – MOLANDS
Draw 9am, fishing 10.30am – 3.30pm
EVERY WEDNESDAY – SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE OPEN – GEARYS
Draw 10.30am, fish 12pm – 5pm
SUMMER OPENING HOURS WILL BEGIN FROM:
WEDNESDAY 1st MARCH – THE FISHERY WILL BE OPEN AT 7am AND CLOSE AT DUSK (6.30PM AT THE MOMENT)
SUMMER PRICES ARE: £10.50 ADULT
£ 8.50 OAP/JUNIOR
£ 2.00 EXTRA FOR TWO RODS
PART DAY TICKETS AVAILABLE
Contact the lodge on 01676 523833 for further details or check out our website on
packingtonestate.co.uk Also see us on Facebook (Packington Fisheries).