STARLETS VETS PAIRS (MOLANDS)
1. Dave Hipkiss (Ridgemere AC) 68 -13 Peg 10
2. Dave Duggan (Dams & Locks) 38 – 8
3. Keith Winn (Lanes Bait) 34 – 5
LANES BAIT OPEN (GEARYS)
1. Dave Elliott (Packington) 117 -10 Peg 13
Pole & Pellet
2. John Burchell (Packington) 109 – 4
3. Baz Byrd (Casemore Baits) 108 – 8
4. Lee Taylor (Lanes Bait) 88 -14
SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE WEDNESDAY OPEN
1. Ben Lockwood (Tackleshack) 183 -14 Peg 29
F1s on Pole & Caster
2. Jon Newton (Smithys) 102 – 5
3. Dave Cope (Marston Green Tavern) 101 – 5
4. John Burchell (Packington) 66 -14
PACKINGTON VETS (LITTLE GEARYS/SIBLINGS)
1. Kevin Folwell (Drennan) 53 -14 Peg 7 SIBLINGS B
F1s & Silvers on Pole & Maggot
2. Pete Gould (Packington) 26 -11
3. Ron Savage (Lanes Bait) 26 – 8
4. Burt McGann (Packington) 26 – 4
SATURDAY OPEN (MOLANDS)
1. Steve Allen (Tornadoes) 54 – 8 Peg 41
Carp & F1s on Method Feeder
2. Phil Canning (NuFish) 53 – 8
3. Ben Lockwood (Tackleshack) 44 – 3
4. Paul Alder (Solihull Angling) 37 – 5
MIDLAND SOCIAL (GEARYS)
1. Phil Ward 60 – 0 Peg 20
Carp on Bomb & Pellet
2. Brian Horne 57 -13
3. Martin Liggins 37 – 6
TORNADOES AC (LITTLE GEARYS)
1. Dean Young 117 -10 Peg 5
Carp & F1s on Method Feeder
2. Carl Allen 60 – 0
3. Ian Lillystone 59 -10
4. Steve Allen 45 -14
SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE TEAMS OF THREE
1. Ben Lockwood (Tackleshack) 114 – 2
2. Jon Newton (Smithys) 75 -10
3. Paul Terry (Ridgemere AC) 66 – 9
4. Duncan Clarke (Solihull Angling) 58 -10
SUNDAY OPEN (GEARYS)
1. Max Higgott (Burt Baits) 80 – 0 Peg 36
Carp on Pole & Pellet
2. Trevor Hodges (Packington) 69 – 4
3. Dave Elliott (Packington) 60 -12
4. Lee Richards (Packington) 60 – 4
MOLANDS It was a strange week on Molands with match weights to over 180lb but very inconsistent unless you were fishing in the evenings when it was good. Carp to over 19lb were weighed in during matches and pleasure anglers reported a few over 20lb. The carp are still being caught off the top by pleasure anglers and in the matches, bomb/waggler and pellet or method feeder have worked best. The F1s have been coming to long pellet with caster fished shallow.
GEARYS A decent week on Gearys with carp to over 20lb being caught and match weights to over 120lb. Bomb or wafter with pellet and down the margins with dead reds or pellet has worked best in matches with surface fishing or boilies on the deck for the pleasure anglers. There have been some terrific nets of silvers as well this week with bream, crucians and tench in catches to over 50lb on pole fished maggot or caster.
PACKINGTON SOMERS FISHERY
LITTLE GEARYS A slow week on Little Gearys with the F1s reluctant to feed in numbers due to the high pressure. Catches over 100lb were caught but generally the average weights were well down. A method feeder fished tight to the island accounted for the better nets with long pole and pellet or caster fished shallow or down the margins with worm, meat or corn also worth a try.
WILLOW Fished well this week with plenty of carp in the 4 – 8lb range along with the odd double figure fish. These are coming to corn, pellet or paste fished close in down the margins or on a feeder to the island. Decent catches of F1s are coming to pellet on the deck or shallow.
ANNIVERSARIES Steady fishing with F1s and carp showing well on most pegs with nets to around 60lb best but this is still plenty of bites. Shallow pole with pellet or caster for the F1s and the carp are showing better fishing against the islands or any feature.
GRATUITIES Good mixed fishing for carp, tench, crucians and silvers with caster, maggot or soft pellet fishing over micros or ground bait. The carp are coming to a pellet waggler or a small feeder to the island with fish to 15lb caught this week.
SIBLINGS A The carp have been showing well with fish to double figures and plenty from
3 – 10lb being caught on paste, worm or pellet fished across to the island or down the edges. Caster or maggot fished down the middle is accounting for some nice mixed nets.
SIBLINGS B Still one of the most consistent pool with lots of F1s in the 1 – 2lb range being caught along with carp to 6lb and the odd tench to 3lb. Maggot fished down the middle is working best but pellet, corn or worm are also catching fish.
EVERY WEDNESDAY – SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE – MOLANDS
DRAW 12pm, FISH 1.30pm to 6.30pm.
SATURDAY 26th SEPTEMBER – KINGS OF GEARYS FINAL
NO OPEN MATCH
SUNDAY 27th SEPTEMBER – SILVER FISH OPEN – GEARYS – PEGS 27 – 41
DRAW 9am, fish 10.30am to 4pm.
PLEASE NOTE: ANGLERS MUST PHONE TO BOOK IN AT THE LODGE 24 HOURS
BEFORE MATCH. WE EXPECT ALL VISITORS TO ADHERE TO THE
SOCIAL DISTANCING PROCEDURE IN PLACE.
THE FISHERY OPENS AT 7am AND CLOSES AT 7.30pm.
DAY TICKETS £9.50 AND CONCESSION £7.50 WITH OTHER PART DAY TICKETS AVAILABLE.
PLEASE DO NOT VISIT THE FISHERY IF SHOWING ANY SYMPTONS OF CORONAVIRUS
Contact the lodge on 01676 523833 for further details or check out our website on
packingtonestate.co.uk Also see us on Facebook (Packington Fisheries).