The World Carp Classic is now in its eighth year, it’s the event for the serious carp angler, the carp angler that seeks a challenge. This year sees the event being staged at the world famous Lac D’ Orient in
The mass expanse of the Orient will test each competitors skills and carp angling ability to the limit… this is not a challenge or a venue for the faint hearted!
The World Carp Classic will see 400 anglers battle it out over 114 hours of non-stop carp fishing for the biggest prize in carp fishing and the World Carp Classic champions title.
The Classic has a long established history amongst the competitive carp angler and attracts carp anglers from all over the world.
• Lac D’Orient in the Champagne region of
• £700 for early birds – registering at The Carp & Coarse Show 2006 at Wembley April 1st & 2nd
• £800 – 1st of March- 15th of August
• £900 for late entries – 16th of August – 10th of September
• Cost/ Team £300. Three pairs form a team.
• Cost/Team helper £50 (to include special welcome bag and seated meal at gala.)
• Total – £50,000 (100% prize fund increase from 2005)
• Cash – £20,000 (an extra £9,000 into the prize fund compared to 2005)
• New for 2006 – Second pair £3,000, Third pair £2,000
• 1st pair in each section £500
• 1st, 2nd and 3rd team to share £15,000 prize table
• Prizes also for – Biggest fish, 2nd and 3rd in each section, first fish, best Lady
Number of places available
• 200 pairs – 400 anglers
What is new for 2006
The venue itself is what the competitive carp angler has been praying for in this type of event, it’s big, it’s wild, it has a good head of big carp, including the world famous Bulldozer, in fact it’s a fitting venue for the proper carp angler.
• New venue: The Orient, Mecca of Carp Angling, known to hold record-breaking carp
• 114 hours enduro including 6 days and 5 nights
• Fish a massive amount of bank space never legally fished before
• Boats allowed as well as bait boats and echo sounders
• Increase to 6 rods per pair
• Each pair are encouraged to have a team helper who can assist with the boat
• Panel of experts to assist in pegging and establishment of rules
• £15,000 team prize table
• The chance to possibly break the world carp record
Sunday 10th September: 18.00 Reception followed by a seated meal and then draw for pegs at 19.30.
Monday :11th September 15.00 Start of the competition.
Saturday :16th September 09.00 End of the competition.
13.00 Prize giving.
UK television company Sky Sports will be on the bank filming the action as it happens.
Angling Publications are covering the event, before and after in their publication International Carper.
So, who will conquer the might of the Orient and walk away crowned 2006 World Carp Classic champions?
For further information and entry into the event, please contact: email@example.com