PACKINGTON SOMERS FISHERY
Telephone: 01676 523833
FISHING AND MATCH REPORT – WEEK ENDING 2/10/16
STARLETS VETS (MOLANDS & ANNIVERSARIES)
1. Ray Quiney (Packington) 82 – 2 Peg 43 MOLANDS
Carp on Waggler & Pellet
2. Joe Roberts (Drennan) 72 -12
3. Ron Savage (Lanes Bait) 63 – 8
4. Derek Hartshorn (Swann Baits) 52 – 6
SOLIHULL ANGLING CENTRE OPEN (MOLANDS)
1. Lee Richards (Packington) 174 – 4 Peg 12
Carp & F1’s on Pole & Pellet
2. Dan Wooding (Solihull Angling) 154 – 7
3. Steve Edwards (Packington) 121 – 9
4. Nick Jukes (Smithys) 109 -10
MAYPOLE AC (GEARYS)
1. Derek Hartshorn (Swann Baits) 90 – 0 Peg 16
Carp on Pellet Feeder
2. Alan Poole (Packington) 76 – 8
3. Keith Webb (Maypole) 63 – 0
PACKINGTON VETS (GEARYS & LITTLE GEARYS)
1. Ron Savage (Lanes Baits) 63 – 9 Peg 10 GEARYS
Skimmes on Pole & Maggot
2. John Lowe (Tornadoes AC) 60 – 0
3. Eddie Keene (COVPAC) 48 – 7
4. John Mcgann (Packington) 46 -10
SATURDAY OPEN (GEARYS)
1. Ray Durant (Tornadoes) 64 – 14 Peg 33
Carp on Bomb & Pellet
2. Steve Edwards (Packington) 61 – 5
3. Jamie Galloway (Packington) 47 – 3
4. Warren Beach (Alvechurch) 42 -14
SUNDAY OPEN (SIBLINGS A & B)
1. Lee Richards (Packington) 56 – 9 Peg 3 SIBLINGS A
2. Neville Groves (Packington) 53 – 7
3. Ian Crossman (Browning Central) 37 -13
4. Jon Newton (Smithys) 36 – 7
SUNDAY OPEN (MOLANDS)
1. Marie Leadbetter (Packington) 37 – 8 Peg 17
Carp & F1s on Pellet Feeder
2. Paul Alder (Solihull Angling) 36 – 6 3. Lee Myers (Packington) 36 – 0
4. Simon Cobb (Solihull) 34 – 7
WOLVEY AC (GEARYS)
1. Mark Hillcock 52 – 0 Peg 17
Carp & Skimmers on Pellet Feeder
2. Les Hillcock 42 -11
3. Ian Davenport 38 – 8
TRIUMPH AC (LITTLE GEARYS)
1. Matt George 73 – 6 Peg 1
F1s & Carp on Pole & Pellet
2. Dave Orrill 51 – 13
3. Pete Shaw 45 – 9
MOLANDS The fishing in the week has been very good as it has been all year with match weights over 170lb and plenty of 100lb+ catches. Weights did come down as the temperatures dropped at the weekend. The big F1s have been going well with fish to 6lb being caught on pole with pellet or maggot fished long at around 13 metres or just down the shelf at 5 metres. Carp to 17lb have also featured in catches and they are being caught on straight lead or waggler with 8mm pellet fishing to the island or later in day down the margins with worm the top bait. Best pegs have been 2, 4, 12 – 17, 27 – 33, 43 – 48 and 52 – 56.
GEARYS The silver fish sport has been the highlight on Gearys with nets of skimmers and crucians over 60lb caught on maggot/caster or banded hard pellet. The carp have been a little harder but nets to 90lb have been caught with bomb and pellet or method feeder to the middle stumps the best tactic. Top pegs are 10 – 13, 16 – 20, 23, 29 – 33 and 36.
LITTLE GEARYS Good consistent fishing throughout the week with F1s and carp providing the bulk of the action. A small pellet feeder or method feeder fished out to the middle island is working well with punched bread or meat on the hook. Maggot, caster or banded pellet fished down the margins is also catching plenty, particularly later in the day.
GRATUITIES Mixed nets of crucians, small carp, tench, skimmers and roach can be had on float fished caster, maggot, soft pellet or corn. The bigger carp are still responding best to the waggler fished across to the middle island with pellet or corn on the hook.
WILLOW Carp and F1s are being caught on a variety of tactics with pellet/method feeder fished to the island and pellet waggler also working well. Shallow pole with pellet is also accounting for plenty of fish. Best pegs have been 1 – 6.
SIBLINGS A Good nets of carp and ide are coming to the pole with maggot or pellet accounting for the better catches. Fished tight to the far side for the carp with the F1s and ide feeding better down the middle of the pool.
SIBLINGS B Lots of F1s are being caught on pole and pellet with catches to 50lb which is a lot of bites as they average around the 8oz – 1lb mark. Bonus fish such as carp and tench are being picked off with corn or meat.
EVERY WEDNESDAY – SOLIHULL ANGLING OPEN – MOLANDS.
Draw 12pm, fish 1pm to 6pm.
SATURDAY 8th OCTOBER – OPEN – MOLANDS
Draw 9am, fish 10.30am to 3.30pm
SUNDAY 9th OCTOBER – OPEN – GEARYS
Draw 9am, fish 10.30am to 3.30pm
THE WINTER LEAGUE BEGINS ON OCTOBER 23rd TO BE FISHED OVER 10 ROUNDS EVERY FORTNIGHT. THE MATCHES WILL BE FISHED ON MOLANDS, GEARYS, LITTLE GEARYS AND SIBLINGS B. ENTRY FEE IS £40 WHICH INCLUDES PAYMENT FOR THE FINAL MATCH AND EACH MATCH IS £20. CONTACT THE FISHERY FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
FISHERY OPENING TIMES – FROM 1st MARCH
THE FISHERY IS NOW OPEN AT 7am AND CLOSES AT DUSK. PRICES ARE £9.00 FOR A FULL DAY AND £7.00 FOR A CONCESSIONARY TICKET.
SEASON TICKETS ARE ON SALE, FULL MEMBERSHIP AND CONCESSIONARY MEMBERSHIP.
FISH SIX TIMES AND GET A TICKET FREE.
Contact the lodge on 01676 523833 for further details or check out our website on
packingtonestate.co.uk Also see us on Facebook (Packingon Fisheries).